Dunnet Head Caithness Highlands

Reaction score
Dunnet Head (Scottish Gaelic: Ceann Dùnaid) is a peninsula in Caithness, on the north coast of Scotland.[1][2] Dunnet Head includes the most northerly point of the mainland of Great Britain. The point, known as Easter Head, is at 58°40′21″N 03°22′31″W (grid referenceND202767), about 18 km (11 mi) west-northwest of John o' Groats and about 20 km (12 mi) from Duncansby Head. Dunnet Head can be seen also as the western limit of the Pentland Firth on the firth's southern, or Caithness, side (Duncansby Head is the eastern limit). Although Easter Head is the most northerly point on the Scottish mainland, the northern-most point of Scotland lies in the Shetland islands, approximately 170 miles further north

Great video. Thanks for showing us your part of this big world. The shadowed hand catch was the perfect ending.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Lovely shots of Dunnet Head - do you remember them having 2 fog horns up there? One didn't work, the other had been built as a replacement.

Lovely shots of Dunnet Head - do you remember them having 2 fog horns up there? One didn't work, the other had been built as a replacement.
hi Whitwellian no I don't remember this buddy iv been away from caithness
for 25 years now but would like to return :)

Just done a Google search for the 2 fog horns & found one that includes them. Don't know how old it is but I do remember them into the 80's

Attachments

• Dunnet-Head-Lighthouse-Foghorn-Helmut-Zozmann[1].jpg
    Dunnet-Head-Lighthouse-Foghorn-Helmut-Zozmann[1].jpg
    55 KB · Views: 423
Just done a Google search for the 2 fog horns & found one that includes them. Don't know how old it is but I do remember them into the 80's
aw aye Whitwellan maybe it was in danger of going over. nice find with the photo i was up there a few times as a
kid but i cant remember seeing the horns

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik