Dummy with Smart Battery Question

Reaction score
Another project I'm working on brings me to a question I'm sure everyone has the correct answer for.

Question is:

Has any of you ever checked to see what your oem Smart Batteries Voltage really is before and after normal flight use?

And if so, what was your method for checking it, plus the results?

I'm asking because I obviously have not done this. And I'm guessing the battery has to be installed in the aircraft and powered on in order to test voltage?

Also, if you don't know the answer to these questions, do you happen to know who might know?

I appreciate any and all info shared on this!

I guess if you turn on the battery and put a meter across the contacts its easy to measure.

I guess if you turn on the battery and put a meter across the contacts its easy to measure.

That's pretty much part of what lead me to asking the question. I don't think there is power from the battery until it is seated in the battery bay?

In your GO app you can select to show voltage on your screen, I don't know how precise this reading is. The battery has to be in your craft on turned on.

That's pretty much part of what lead me to asking the question. I don't think there is power from the battery until it is seated in the battery bay?

Ok, just plugged in my digital meter.
If you switch battery on you can read the voltage.
In this case 15.72 volts on about 50% charge.

Reactions: Oso and ROD PAINTER
In your GO app you can select to show voltage on your screen, I don't know how precise this reading is. The battery has to be in your craft on turned on.

That I'm aware of, and do appreciate your response.

But I'm not so concerned with what the GO app says it is. I really would like to know the actual numbers, as in numbers from a multimeter.

Ok, just plugged in my digital meter.
If you switch battery on you can read the voltage.
In this case 15.72 volts on about 50% charge.

Ok great! So is the input closest to the center of the battery the ground, and positive near the outer edge?

The p3 only has 2 main contacts +ve & -Ve, these are the 2 i measured.
(not the sense pins)

The p3 only has 2 main contacts +ve & -Ve, these are the 2 i measured.
(not the sense pins)

This is not visible on the batteries I have: +ve & -Ve

That is why I mention "center of battery" and "outer edge".

This is not visible on the batteries I have: +ve & -Ve

That is why I mention "center of battery" and "outer edge".
IMG_0744.jpg

Perfect! Just as I thought. Thank you!

If you use a good digital multimeter it will read -volts if you have the leads reversed. If you have leads connected positive to positive on battery and negative to negative it will read normal without a + sign. Just my 2 cents. Have used digital meter for many years when constructing various electronic kits.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik