Dumb neewbie question

Reaction score
I purchased a new Nvidia Shield K1 to use with a Phantom 3A that is also on it's way to me. Since the Shield came with no cables and I will have to purchase what I need, my question is: Which port on the shield am I supposed to use? It has both a micro SB and a mini HDMI port on it. Also does the quality of the cable used to connect have any affect on function?

The only dumb question is the one not asked! I have the same question too .

You need to use the microUSB port and connect the microUSB cable to the USB port of the P3A controller. The HDMI port is only used if you want to see the camera's live view on an external monitor like a TV with HDMI input. For sure you'll want to use a good microUSB cable since it transmits the video to your tablet.

I purchased a new Nvidia Shield K1 to use with a Phantom 3A that is also on it's way to me. Since the Shield came with no cables and I will have to purchase what I need, my question is: Which port on the shield am I supposed to use? It has both a micro SB and a mini HDMI port on it. Also does the quality of the cable used to connect have any affect on function?
You can typically just use a normal charging cable, although I looked around for a really short one. Long ago some micro USB cables were made 'for charging only' and did not have the data wires hooked up, but I have not seen any of those for several years. I am using a cheap dollar store cable on my Note 4 and P3A and it is fine.

Phantom 3 only have USB out so you'll just use the supplied USB to micro USB cable to connect it like any other Android device.

If you're looking for a nice short cable, this 12" Anker cable is made very well. I use it when flying with my Android devices.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj