Dual Video Transmitter - FPV + Camera

Reaction score
Anyone with a recommendation for a longer range video transmitter/receiver setup that would allow me to have input for independent FPV camera and one of the Gopro. I basically want to be able to have 1 feed for guiding/flying the Phantom with FPV camera and 1 feed for the Gopro on a gimbal.

You need an OSD system with the ability to switch between the 2 cameras. After updating to Naza V-2, you may be able to
use the DJI OSD MKII system. check it out on their website, they do switch between 2 cameras, and the other information
being displayed is cool too.

Thanks. So, if the iOSD MkII can work with the Naza M and new PMU, I could input 2 cameras into it and then the iOSD would connect to just 1 video transmitter? If so then, that would be great indeed!!!

What kind of range are you getting on your downlink.
I had one installed today. 5.8ghz. With cloverleaf antennas.

Goes out about 75 to 100 ' and I loose signal.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edunwody said:

Any thoughts?

What TX and RX are you using? I have the DJI AVL 58 500mw with DJI antenna's and have got pretty good range with picture only just starting to break up around 600m LOS and even behind trees I can get 200m or so range out of it. Supposedly can do 1.5km but maybe my RX antenna isnt in the greatest position but I really havent pushed the range all that much out of it yet.

The immersion 600mw should do even better and make sure you have some good antennas as cheaping out on these is going to kill your range pretty quickly even with a decent tx. In specs the DJI OSD supports remote feed switching and this should work well with the DJI FPV setup but also any other decent setups.

Maybe a in house build from Atlanta Hobby. Can find a brand name. Has good Cloverleaf antennas. Still learning the basics. I get horizontal lines in the feed after takeoff then the monitor blanks. While its on and not flying its a clear picture then a after a few mins the monitor blanks and I have to turn the monitor off then on again.
Will give ATL hobby a call. They have been great to deal with.

Thx

Update:
Figured out half the problem. Seems the GoPro will blank the screen if its not recording. So to get a constant video feed you must be in record mode. Everyone probably knows that already.
Still trying to sort out horizontal lines when I should be in good line of site.

I think I may have high jacked this thread. Just saw the title. Sorry.

martcerv said:
edunwody said:

Any thoughts?

What TX and RX are you using? I have the DJI AVL 58 500mw with DJI antenna's and have got pretty good range with picture only just starting to break up around 600m LOS and even behind trees I can get 200m or so range out of it. Supposedly can do 1.5km but maybe my RX antenna isnt in the greatest position but I really havent pushed the range all that much out of it yet.

The immersion 600mw should do even better and make sure you have some good antennas as cheaping out on these is going to kill your range pretty quickly even with a decent tx. In specs the DJI OSD supports remote feed switching and this should work well with the DJI FPV setup but also any other decent setups.

i am having the same problem and i was told it has a lot to do with vibration, so i am trying a plate and moon jell to see if that helps...kind of makes since because i lose video when i hit the throttle.

here is what i am trying.. hope this helps

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... 6%20Camera

I was thinking about this when getting my osd, I ended up going for the mini iOSD which doesnt have the camera feed switch function. Main reason the mini is much cheaper $64 vs about $250 and not onky price but size and weight is much better for the mini in a phantom.

There is an alternative I will try if I want a secondary camera which would be something like this but maybe a better quality part. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... duct=29651 does whats needed and I could put the switch before the osd so get osd on either feed using the mini iOSD. ;)

Reading comments there seems like they have some quality issues but im sure there must be better versions of such a basic switch available.

With range I cant recommend the dji avl58 enough, since upgrading my radio I have oushed it way beyond what I thought a 5.8 setup could do using it as is with its stock dji antennas it comes with. My last range test was to 2.15km and the only thing I changed was antenna placement in order for the antenna not to be blocked by the phantoms body and camera when turning around and flying back to me.

Here is the sort of range I can get from rhe futaba 8fgs and dji avl58 videi link.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahu_QauUu0c[/youtube]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31