Dual Rate Controls

Reaction score
Has anyone setup a dual rate control on their TRANSMITTERS. I have been adjusting the yaw control on a separate switch for much slower response to get consistent smoother panning. I guess my fingers are not trained properly to get consistent panning. I have the switch set up just above the throttle/yaw control on my HiTech 9. I have it setup to about 15%. Here is a short clip, nothing special but showing the panning on my dual rate switch with full rudder input.

http://www.jimandsusan.com/yaw.html

On edit: I meant to say Has anyone setup a dual rate control on their transmitters not receivers.

I hadn't bothered with a dual-rate yaw up until now, but after some time with the H3-3D I think I need to...not so much to smooth out my stick input, but rather to better sync my yaw rate with the gimbal's adjustment rate. I get a lot of that motion that's not quite jerky but is visible as an inconsistent speed in the pan. I suspect that once I manually find the sweet spot on the yaw rate to avoid that, I can keep myself to just that range when needed with a dual-rate switch.

I guess once I get more proficient with stick control I should be able to lighten up on the dual rate. It is pretty neat what can be done with the flick of a switch. These transmitters have so many different modes it is hard to understand it all. I am trying to learn.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4