Dual lightning cable

Reaction score
[Edit: Here's the answer I was looking for: 30cm USB 2.0 a Power Enhancer Y 1 Female to 2 Male Data Charge Cable Extension Cord https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NIGO4NM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_2RAnxbTNCJV7E
]

Is there a way to charge an iPad at the same time it's connected to the DJI RC? I'd like to be able to plug it to a 2.4 amp power bank at the same time I'm flying.
Is there a lightning cable that on the USB end has two USB plugs, one for data and one for power? I've seen the opposite, one USB plug and two lightning ends at the other end, but it's not what I want.
The problem with the iPad Air 2 (and probably any other big tablet) is that it takes forever (~3.5 hours) to fully charge with the biggest charger available (2.4 amps).

Last edited:
I don't think this is possible but keep up the good spirits, I once connected a hard drive to my ipad but it was a pain in the butt. I usually keep a portable charger with me at all times just in case I need a charge and for the time being I use my iphone and let the ipad charge.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I can't imagine one burning through their fully charged iPad and RC in one day. I've flown as many as 2 hours in a day, approx 8 batteries, and still had sufficent remaining time on both to continue with even more. Not sure why one would need even more unless your iPad is not holding a proper charge.

I can't imagine one burning through their fully charged iPad and RC in one day. I've flown as many as 2 hours in a day, approx 8 batteries, and still had sufficent remaining time on both to continue with even more. Not sure why one would need even more unless your iPad is not holding a proper charge.
I'm planning a trip to the mountains, with electric generator and all. I can easily burn through 3 hours of flying, plus battery capacity is diminished in cold temperatures.

I bought two different brands of power enhancer cables and neither works with the iPad.

There's a funny thing. One of the ends is the data end, that's easy to figure out (the one that gets DJI Go going, and there's only one). The other end must be the power-only end. The power-only end doesn't seem to work (it doesn't power the device)... EXCEPT when I plug both the data and the power-only ends to the same device at the same time (in this case, a portable battery with two output ports). When I do that, I can then unplug the data cable and the power-only cable will continue powering the device. But if I then plug the data cable to the DJI RC, DJI Go doesn't pick it up.

However I dice it, there's not way to get one port to supply power and the other port to connect to the RC at the same time.

Here are the two that I bought if anyone cares to know:
One
Two

I think the only other option would be to cut and splice some cables together. I'm really interested to see if this can be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues