Drowned p3A

Reaction score
So, I just wanted to share some good news since we always, everywhere, hear too much bad news...

I took my P3A up to my cousins cottage on the weekend. Second flight (and maybe a couple beers) I started flying a little too fast. This was Saturday morning. The P3A didn't brake as fast as I thought it would (note: I did turn down braking to 70% appreciate comments on what others have it at) and it of course hit the nearest tree. That was bad but what was worse is that it then fell directly into the freshwater (but murky) lake. Went only about 3 feet and for about 45 seconds. My family made lots of remarks about how they had never seen me move so fast.

Quickly took the battery out and shut it down.

Well, then I read what I could on my phone and dried it out in the sun. I also put whatever rice we could find into a garbage bag and put the bird in there. I couldn't take it apart as I didn't have the tools. Left the bag in the sun at times hoping it wouldn't over heat. Anyway - started it all up for the first time yesterday (Wednesday night). Everything checked out ok. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Thanks to everyone who posted before about their experiences with wet, soaked and drowned phantoms.

Cheers.

Couple of follow up questions:
1. What do people have their brake settings on?
2. Looks like my lens (the cover part) got scratched - any recommendations for replacements
3. 2 of the plastic "pins" that hold the gimbel in place broke - so i used the 2 extras it came with but presumably will eventually need more - dji doesn't have them on their web store - anyone know where to get replacements?

Thanks.

My brake is still at the default setting of 70 Im thinking
There is a replacement lens available from DJI for $28 I think.
The 'pins" come with the gimbel dampers

Couple of follow up questions:
1. What do people have their brake settings on?
2. Looks like my lens (the cover part) got scratched - any recommendations for replacements
3. 2 of the plastic "pins" that hold the gimbel in place broke - so i used the 2 extras it came with but presumably will eventually need more - dji doesn't have them on their web store - anyone know where to get replacements?

Thanks.
One comment in regards to pins...If you were thinking you broke two of the pins because you noticed only two remaining after the crash...that's the way it comes. Two is sufficient, and the way it shipped. It may not be a huge issue, but installing the extra two may result in some additional stiffnes and reduce the range of shock absorption beyond what is necessary..

Some people are using two small zip ties instead of the pins leave them loose, it is a safety to keep the camera attached on a crash.

Some people are using two small zip ties instead of the pins leave them loose, it is a safety to keep the camera attached on a crash.
The zip ties are used in addition to the pins. That's how I have mine setup, anyway.

One comment in regards to pins...If you were thinking you broke two of the pins because you noticed only two remaining after the crash...that's the way it comes. Two is sufficient, and the way it shipped. It may not be a huge issue, but installing the extra two may result in some additional stiffnes and reduce the range of shock absorption beyond what is necessary..
Hnnh, learn something new every day! I didn't have any crashes, but noticed recently that I only had 2 pins installed. I just assumed the retaining clips must not have been fully clipped on and I lost the pins. Never occurred to me that it shipped that way! Good tip!

Reactions: TAZ
I absolutely thought I lost 2 clips - never occurred to me either that they shipped like that. Thanks for this and the other tips!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31