DROTAMS on Skyvector

Reaction score
I never noticed this before, but it seems that Skyvector is now showing specific sUAS drotams.
image.png

So if I'm reading this correctly, these DROTAMS are the result of successful authorizations requested by sUAS pilots, granted by the FAA?

More than likely this is a COA that was granted under the old system. May be a government operation. Be interesting to see if any of the new authorizations than should start being approve under Part 107 start showing up. If/when my request is approved,I'll look for it.

So if I'm reading this correctly, these DROTAMS are the result of successful authorizations requested by sUAS pilots, granted by the FAA?

No this is a Drone NOTAM (Notice to Airmen) that are required for Section 333 Operations for Commercial Ops. It's not Airspace Authorization but when they start being approved it's entirely possible a Drone NOTAM will be issued by ATC for the area and time. Up till now we went added the NOTAMS ourselves at least 24hrs before the mission but no more than 72 (I think that's right) before the flight.

Reactions: N42742

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj