Dropping baits from phantom 3

Reaction score
Hi all iam looking at dropping baits offshore with my phantom 3 professional, anyone on here done so if you could give me any tips or post pics id appreciate it!!
Ive seen some vids of people using coathangers bent and a aggressive flight action to flick it off but i was hoping to rig something better up?
thanks in advance for any advice
ps iam using the litchi flight app also

Hi all iam looking at dropping baits offshore with my phantom 3 professional, anyone on here done so if you could give me any tips or post pics id appreciate it!!
Ive seen some vids of people using coathangers bent and a aggressive flight action to flick it off but i was hoping to rig something better up?
thanks in advance for any advice
ps iam using the litchi flight app also
Check out "downrigger release clip" on google. I have done some testing in our front lawn to carry my wife's bait and bobber out much farther then she can cast. It worked great. A quick jerk on the line released the bait and bober. You can get them in different release strength. Good luck.
Joe
KC7GHT

Reactions: Phantom fisher
Use a bow tie knot (like how you tight your shoes). Depending on how loose you make it -

Otherwise maybe a twisty tie that you'd get on a bag of bread or something. A plastic wire clip?

Many different options out there that can be found around your home. Just gotta be creative!

Reactions: Phantom fisher
Check out "downrigger release clip" on google. I have done some testing in our front lawn to carry my wife's bait and bobber out much farther then she can cast. It worked great. A quick jerk on the line released the bait and bober. You can get them in different release strength. Good luck.
Joe
KC7GHT

Scotty Hairtrigger Release

thanks for the suggestion Joe, i went and picked one of these up should work perfect! :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj