Droped my battery what should I do

Reaction score
Hello,
A few minutes
ago I droped my battery on my kichen floor, it doesn't have any dents or anything and I can check how many bars of life it has and looks perfect, haven't used it in flight yet but its probably fine, just wondering if there's anything I should do before flight or what to do in flight.
Thanks,
CentinalJr

If there is no visible damage, 99% the battery is fine. But I would still recommend that you put it in a fireproof container, while under observation for a day or two. I personally use a cheap oven-safe glass container I bought from IKEA as a "charging basket" for all my LiPos, P3S included. I added 4 thick silicone stickers at the bottom so it does not slide around and also remains elevated from whatever surface I put it on.

If there is no visible damage, 99% the battery is fine. But I would still recommend that you put it in a fireproof container, while under observation for a day or two. I personally use a cheap oven-safe glass container I bought from IKEA as a "charging basket" for all my LiPos, P3S included. I added 4 thick silicone stickers at the bottom so it does not slide around and also remains elevated from whatever surface I put it on, and keep it in my charging box.
Thanks for the information.
I went out to fly the drone about 30 or 40 min's after I droped it and it flew great, I've had my phantom P3S for about a days now and it was one of the best flights so far, and the battery lasted around 25 mins,
Thanks!

Great news- as a rule pushing your flights out to the limit if the battery probably isn’t good practice. service life will almost certainly be reduced and your chances of having a failure in flight are higher close to full depletion.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr