Drop and Release Servo (Dropping Money From Above)

Reaction score
I assume from your drawing you intend to drop all hundred $1 bills at the same time --- not $1 bill at a time? If so, your concept should work.

Stepping back to look at the bigger picture --- why arent there more devices on the market for servo-actuated drop mechanisms for quadcopters? People surely must be getting bored with just taking video from the air. Sooner or later, we're going to want our quads to do more interesting things --- such as dropping money or parachute toys from the sky. What about a tiny winch system where you could hoist baby birds out of a nest that is 80 feet up in a tree so you can give it a veterinary checkup or keep it as a pet? What the hell, forget about the birds what about rescuing a friend's quad that got snagged in a treetop? You could charge him $75 for the rescue and it would pay for the winch. My Gramps has trespassers on his farm during the twilight hours --- wouldnt it be cool if he could air drop a M80 near the interlopers to give them a little "warning" to stay off his property?

Think of the possibilities we have with drones .... they aren't just aerial photo machines.

Otherwise yes FireCrackers! I have a box of M 10,000's the size of V8 juice cans, that would be fun to drop those however getting them to light at the same time is another story, I suppose the ATF would get involved and not just the FAA :roll:

ha ha I already thought of how to do that on the 4th of July. I have small remote control relay board. with 4 relays on it and 1000m range for the remolt. That could be hooked up to give 4 switches. that can send power from a small battery. then you could use a devise called an electric match to not only light the wick but also to let it drop being they fit over the end of the wick and when ignited it would burn the wick and it would drop of and fall. Or even just as neat would be to put some plastic tubes on the landing skids and some rockets.

Tho I want to actually have some thing like a claw from one of them arcade games. That could be opened or closed to pick some thing up or to drop it. . That would be way cool. Or even a remolt opened and closed pooper scooper. Then I would not have to take my dog 3 blocks away to go take a crap on my evil sisters lawn who I cant stand. and I could just scoop them up and deliver them by air mail. :) lol

In Australia it is completely illegal to drop anything from an aircraft without specific licences such as parachuting.

I'd look into your local regulations ... and if they check out, and you have a P2V I might be willing to have a look into this for you. I've been meaning to start experimenting with the servo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic