Dronin - any thoughts?

Gosh, it's not the first of April already is it?

Yeah I know that looks stupid but it's working just fine. I already tried once. It was weird to hold your phantom in hands but the shots was really good

I have be walking with my Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3 - 3D (landed and walked to a new spot without turning off the camera) and every step you take are seen on the video. Then add the noise that the gimbal makes and I would say that Dronin are useless.

ExtraKim said:
I have be walking with my Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3 - 3D (landed and walked to a new spot without turning off the camera) and every step you take are seen on the video. Then add the noise that the gimbal makes and I would say that Dronin are useless.

The prop noise in the air doesn't bother you, but the gimbal noise on the ground would?

OI Photography said:
The prop noise in the air doesn't bother you, but the gimbal noise on the ground would?

+1
And also you hold your phantom in front of you so you don't get your legs into a shot.

Just another fool trying to cash in on somebody else's ideas and work.
I only see a fancy snap on clamp designed to include a cell phone. The extra weight overworking the motors and battery.

Your demo shot of the guy in the van is absurd and dangerous.
Why not just put the cell phone on a stick and stuff the stick out the window?

Suwaneeguy said:
I only see a fancy snap on clamp designed to include a cell phone. The extra weight overworking the motors and battery.

Does your phone have a gimbal for stable shooting?

I haven't ordered one but I am thinking about it, I do videos for properties and often film walking around the property holding my phantom and also use it riding on the back of a motorbike or a truck going down the road to give customers directions to the properties, it's a awkward to hold for too long so this product suits me needs.

Suwaneeguy said:

What are you talking about? What extra weight and overworking motors and battery? You will carry your phantom in your hands. You will not fly it with this handle. You will use your phantom like a gimbal (like DJI Ronin) to take a nice smooth movement.

OI Photography said:
ExtraKim said:

You didn´t get my point. When I fly I have no choice, the sound can´t be used because of the prop noise, but when I film on the ground walking around then I want to be able to use the natural sound. The gimbal noise makes that impossible, when I want a smooth video walking around I use my Sony HDR - AS 100VR. That makes the job A LOT better then the GoPro, even if it´s mounted on the Zenmuse.

gverila said:
OI Photography said:

+1
And also you hold your phantom in front of you so you don't get your legs into a shot.
Did I say that the legs got in the shot? No I said that every step you take are seen on the video, with other words the camera moves up and down with every step. A steady cam are supposed to cancel the movement, a Zenmuse H3 - 3D can´t do that and that´s why the Dronin are useless.

gverila said:
Hello what are you guys thinking about that:

http://dronexpert.nl/product/pre-order- ... -2-vision/

Anybody already heard about this? I think that could be useful.

I think this is a great idea but it's waaaay overpriced.
I was doing flyovers for a golf course and didn't always turn off the camera while driving from the green to the next teebox.
I was amazed when reviewing the video how smooth the footage was even though the ride in the golf cart was very bumpy (cobblestone cart path!)
This will definitely work but I'd devise my own homemade rig and save myself a lot of money.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20