Drones spotted inside The Venetian Hotel, Las Vegas

Reaction score
A group of four drones were seen flying inside The Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas over the Gondolas, seemingly taking videos of the simulated cityscape.

Once noticed, a near panic occurred with guests and visitors stopping to take pictures and wonder at how they got into the building. The drones seemed oddly fixed and didn’t seem to move, leaving people observing the event wonder why drones weren’t banned from the facility.

Eventually, staff security expertly shot the drones down using a paint gun. The gun shot white and black paint. Once the shooting started, security staff noticed the “drones” were really just vents in the ceiling. Now however, they were nicely painted black and white.

———————

IMG_7715.jpg

A group of four drones were seen flying inside The Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas over the Gondolas, seemingly taking videos of the simulated cityscape.

Once noticed, a near panic occurred with guests and visitors stopping to take pictures and wonder at how they got into the building. The drones seemed oddly fixed and didn’t seem to move, leaving people observing the event wonder why drones weren’t banned from the facility.

Eventually, staff security expertly shot the drones down using a paint gun. The gun shot white and black paint. Once the shooting started, security staff noticed the “drones” were really just vents in the ceiling. Now however, they were nicely painted black and white.

———————

View attachment 106825
Gosh what a deceiving picture,,looks outside but not,great yes look like drones,seems security not look up very often then:)

If you get the chance to visit it is worth seeing- especially if you have experienced the real locations also. It is very nicely done.

I found it completely hideous, but Las Vegas really doesn't do it for me in any sense.

Reactions: With The Birds
I was just there last month for Autodesk University. I just looked through the dozens of photos I have of that ceiling and nothing like those “vents” are on any of my pictures. Also, Autodesk gave away several mini drones for the conference and I was lucky enough to get one. We were told that it is expressly against the policy of the Venetian Hotel to fly the indoors and they would be confiscated.

Where can I get some of those ultra-silent props they were using. I bet they cost an arm and a leg.

Reactions: len750

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj