Drones OK to fly over Rodeo

Reaction score
This just came out in our local paper the Omak-Okanogan County Chronicle , where we have the Omak Stampede and World Famous Suicide Race every 2nd week-end in August. A drone filming the race last year was asked to stop by the sheriff and did so, but this year the city attorney Mick Howe wrote that after considerable research on this matter, I have concluded that because the FAA is charged with control of the air space within the United States and because their current rules expressly allow the use of drones within 400 feet of the ground that the local jurisdictions are precluded from disallowing their use.
so this is good news for us I think.

This just came out in our local paper the Omak-Okanogan County Chronicle , where we have the Omak Stampede and World Famous Suicide Race every 2nd week-end in August. A drone filming the race last year was asked to stop by the sheriff and did so, but this year the city attorney Mick Howe wrote that after considerable research on this matter, I have concluded that because the FAA is charged with control of the air space within the United States and because their current rules expressly allow the use of drones within 400 feet of the ground that the local jurisdictions are precluded from disallowing their use.
so this is good news for us I think.
That is very good news for you over there. But if you start flying take a very good insurance.

Correct on insurance or the consideration of what happens if there's a crash.. You're still the 'Pilot in command' so be informed.

I've had horses react two different ways around my Phantom. Either very curious or very scared.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik