Drones, neighbors, regs, laws....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
With all these threads coming up about nosey neighbors, ill-informed law officers and such got me thinking, I have my CHL(concealed handgun license). Here in Texas there are places where you are prohibited to carry and some places they have the choice to prohibit folks who have their CHL. Those places must have signage stating so. Not to get into a gun debate, but gun-free zones are easy marks for people to do bad deeds, that's my opinion, YMMV....

My point is, I had these cards made up for places that I frequent or used to. Just my little way of protesting. I'd like to do something similar with factual infomation to hand out to neighbors, police or anyone that may question me as to my intentions....thoughts?
14671408563684.jpg

Not a bad idea re: CHL. I always "vote" with my wallet too. I like the idea.

But honestly there are so many "vague" ordinances in regards to taking off, landing, safety, etc it would be very location specific in terms of a hand-out card. I found my best option locally was to get involved with the local authorities and help be a go-to for them and guide them to the REAL regulations. Find out what county ordinances are (there may be none) in place now and keep your eyes and ears open for new ones to get on the agenda.

Either way knowledge is power and the more you know and are able to "diplomatically" share the better.

Reactions: 66Fury
Not to get into a gun debate, but gun-free zones are easy marks for people to do bad deeds, that's my opinion, YMMV....

Right. I'm so sure all of those businesses that prohibit legally concealed hand guns have been hit with massacre-level events. And those establishments that allow one to carry a firearm legally have never been robbed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Raymore Missouri. I also have a CCW. I have called some of the places I shop and they really don't want people with weapons but they do not have a sign on their entrance stating so.

Right. I'm so sure all of those businesses that prohibit legally concealed hand guns have been hit with massacre-level events. And those establishments that allow one to carry a firearm legally have never been robbed.

( Removed )[/QUOTE]

Mister, I CLEARLY stated that this post was about drone issues not gun laws, also stated that the gun issue was MY opinion, yours may be different, yet you still felt the need to express your opinion on something that has no relevant to the post....now watch as this post is drowned out with matter that has nothing to do with why I posted....have a great day...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BigAl07
Mister, I CLEARLY stated that this post was about drone issues not gun laws, also stated that the gun issue was MY opinion, yours may be different, yet you still felt the need to express your opinion on something that has no relevant to the post....now watch as this post is drowned out with matter that has nothing to do with why I posted....have a great day...

Hopefully the MODS can save this one before it goes into the abyss too deeply.

Personally I now carry the print out from the FAA stating that local law makers cannot regulate airspace. Of course people can regulate operation of a drone from their land. I'm not too worried about the individual people that complain as it's just their personal opinion.

My recommendation is to keep in mind that there is a difference between carrying a gun and operating a drone. One is guaranteed under the Constitutions with a few limits... the other is not. So I don't know if they should be handled the same way.

Reactions: snerd
Not getting into the Gun Free Zone debate except to say good riddance "ccbdav". Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I think the card to handout is a great idea. The front can have some relevant but non-personal information. "I follow all FAA guidelines" "I am registered with the FAA" "I am flying for recreation" "It is a federal offense to disturb a UAS or its operator during flight". The back can have the FAA Guidelines as they are on the back of our certificates. If you make one up I'll be sure to print it out and carry with me.

( Removed )
What do you think happened at Virginia Tech? Also nobody said that the businesses that allow concealed carry would never be robbed, it is just better odds that they won't be targeted, and if they are this might happen:

LOL! Look at those scumbags run!! They both survived........................ shooter needs to practice his shot placement. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik