DRONES in news again today

Reaction score
on the BBC midday news today was a report about the increasing number of Drones, first showing nice panoramic views then showing what goes wrong, first an empty football field and a drone crashing into a goal post, next a drone crashing into a tree, next a pilot took a photo of a fixed wing rc plane about 80 mts away, then a reporter inside a glass window looking out at a Phantom next was a shot from the phantom, all I could see was a refection of the sky on the glass???
police are looking into 200 reports of invasion of privacy so now to my question

what did I do illegal during this flight .
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I took off from my back lawn flew over the hedge above two empty fields, flew round and landed back on my lawn, my neighbors either side of my house have no problem with it but the guy in the thatched house over the road was shouting "That's illegal" I was no closer to him on takeoff and landing than 40-50 mtrs, he doesn't have a pc all he knows it what he reads in the paper and on TV, silly old so&so, I've also seen him giving me the finger a few weeks ago during a similar flight.
I've been building quads and tris for a few years now with no problem from him or anybody else but now because I've got a PHANTOM !! that all the press show in their reports he's jumping on the band wagon

I was flying fpv and as you see my wife as always was my spotter.

just watched Nickyb's video and as I first saw it on tv I must have missed the bit where you could see the reporter inside

Last edited:
Youre going to have people like that, but you didn't do anything illegal. Just because they shout "thats illegal" doesn't make it true.

Simple answer is don't fly in your neighborhood. It's very LOUD, and irritating to your neighbors. I'd flip you off too.

Simple answer is don't fly in your neighborhood. It's very LOUD, and irritating to your neighbors. I'd flip you off too.
it's strange but everybody in my neighborhood has asked me for photos of their place, in this small village we all live and let live with no aggro, also my quad is no louder when it's way up than my neighbors mowing their lawns, which we all accept, it's all because of press reports about drones, as I said in my first post I've been flying tricopters and quads for the last 4+years with no complaints.

also nobody complains about the guy up the road who has a load of motorbikes and revving them up all the time most days, it would certainly drown out any noise my quad makes

Last edited:
Phantoms are not "loud"

I agree with you and in a working village like mine is it's hardly noticeable, and from some of the videos I've seen on this forum from the other side of the pond, flying over houses, motorways,people, etc, I recon flying like I do from my garden just over the fields at the back, most times with the camera off, just testing some tweaks etc I'm being rather reasonable, and as for snerd flipping me off well I suppose some folk are like that without knowing the full info of my village, the tractor refurbishing engineering company in the video are every day making so much noise with tractors without silencers and steam cleaning equipment, I bet hardly anybody even notices my phantom

Reactions: sdempsey1985

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic