Drones bite.....

Reaction score
HARD! :eek:

My FC40 just landed after its second successful fly home attempt, so once it landed I turned the transmitter back on to shut down the motors. As I walked up to it I almost dropped the transmitter but saved it from hitting the ground by pinning it against my stomach. Well as I pinned it I accidently hit the throddle and the quad began to launch. For some reason I thought something was wrong and it was out of control headed for a fly away. My natural reaction was to stick my hand out to stop it.... Don't ever do that. :(

Did I mention I just put new 9" maytech carbon fiber props on? What a mess, I could probably use a few stitches hear and there but I chose not to. I plucked the carbon fiber chunks out of my pinky, cleaned everything, applied a fair amount of disinfectant/ointment and bandaged up.

Ouch... Now I know why Hawks and raven fly from this thing when I get it close to them, these things are blenders in the sky.

Woooow
Lesion learned never ever ever mess around when your running CF props them boys will take chunks out of skin like a knife in butter :twisted:
Now you got some custom paint :lol:
Sorry I've gotten bit before too

I hope you are okay sir. Let me give you ALL some advice though. NEVER EVER try to catch your quad. Even if it's heading for a tree, or the floor, or towards you. It's not worth injury. Just let it crash and hurt your pride. Again, I hope you are okay!

Sorry but I'm against hand catching. No matter how pro you are. Peoples health is my biggest concern. Screw the quad when it comes to harming people, lol

Ya it definitely took a chunk out of the side of my pinky. My wife tripped when she saw it but after cleaning it up and cutting away some spare meat it looked much better.

I was going to leave the blood on the shell for the heck of it but I cleaned it up. Maybe I should have as a reminder.

...and I'm ok btw, thanks.

OMG the phantom looks like it just left the scene of a massacre. Lucky you still got all your digits carbon props can do a real number on flesh. Be real glad it dind hit you in the face.

Fo sho!

Every time I think back on what happened I jump and twitch!

How is your hand doing? Feeling okay?

Doing good, a little sore and stiff but I think I should be ok in a week or so. Thanks

Good! Keep me updated please :) Hope you have a good Christmas still!

Erotic Panda said:
Classic.

What issues did you think you had with the stock propellers?

What benefit did you imagine the carbon props offered?

Stock props are great. I seem to get a little more stability from the 9" carbon fiber.

The added noise is a bit annoying though.

Skynet is real! lol

Hope everything's good. Happy Holidays.

Erotic Panda said:
So why change?
To help with the added weight from the camera, gimbal and landing gear.
Erotic Panda said:
What do you mean by "a little more stability"? How did you quantify that?
Quantify? I could tell the difference just by taking her for a ride around the block.

Green_Phantom said:
Shoot a coat of clear coat on that sucker RIGHT NOW. Coolest paint job ever. :)
LMAO... :lol:

I would take it out in the back yard and bury it. Once they get a taste for blood, you can't trust them.

syotr said:
I would take it out in the back yard and bury it. Once they get a taste for blood, you can't trust them.
Lol!

Actually I got right back on the horse this morning and buzzed my neighborhood.

Holy ****, but seriously well done for having the balls to upload the picture and admit your rather stupid mistake, i think it should go as a sticky on the forum.

Before the first drop of blood hit the ground I knew I was going to post pics and the story. :)

2014fc40 said:
I fly those Maytechs too.

Merry Christmas!
Great prop just a little fragile on the tips.

Happy New Year!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20