Drones and idiots don't mix - Heathrow International

These days a bird is a drone... I appreciate the fact that it is a major concern for them and there may be isolated incidences... but there is still a lot scare mongering going on...

I met up with a commercial pilot friend of mine, he took one look at my drone and said... there goes my job... and he meant it. He does a lot of aerial survey work.

Reactions: 750r
Reactions: Stephan
1 mile at 800 feet ! Yikes that's **** good eyesight whilst traveling at approx 160-200mph on final approach. I think it's all just part of the wider picture to massively restrict their use by govts

Reactions: Stephan
I've flown over open valley areas where there's pretty much nothing but me and my phantom and the farthest I've been able to see it is about 2600 ft(give or take). So to see something that's about 18 inches across and white in the daytime while traveling at flight speeds is amazing (sarcasm). Not calling any pilots liars but I'd like to actually see someone identify a phantom at over 5280 ft with the naked eye. As far as delayed flights, I can 100% buy that because one thing this world has no shortage of is idiots.

Last year, the airport security of Trondheim airport in Norway, found a drone close to the main runway. Through an advertisement in the local newspaper, the owner was kindly encouraged to contact the airport security to have the drone returned. The drone is still in the hands of the airport security.:D

Not as hard to spot as you'd think. With landing lights on, birds normally see you and avoid, thus moving away. drones won't. Plus If I can see a bird, I can promise you I can see a drone. Amazing what can catch your attention at your flight level or lower if it's against a contrasting background.

With all that goes on around airports, lasers, news A/C and police A/C, etc., pilots have their head on a swivel.
Besides false written reports on Federal documents is a big no no, unlawful and Federal Felony, IIRC.

And it's "you're liars," not "your liars" although I suppose if we divide up and have teams of liars you might be correct with "your liars" vs for example "my liars."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik