DronePan problem...

Reaction score
I have a problem with DronePan - my P3P takes 20 pictures at different camera angles, but doesn't rotate - it just stays in the same position...

I'm using DronePan 1.1.2 with DJI Go 2.3.0 on an iPad Air 2 running 9.0.2

I send my P3p up and have tried it in ATTI and GPS, but it still stays in one place and doesn't rotate...

Is there something that I'm doing wrong or not doing!

The "Mode" has to be in the "F" position.

Reactions: Man.Of.Kent
I was using drone pan the other day, with an audience. Not concentrating, I tried to activate the programme while still in P mode. I'm sure it told me to change to F when nothing happened. Perhaps I imagined it - my memory is all shot to bits at the moment [emoji12]

Well, thanks for all the advice - I've tried again today with the P3p in "F" mode - unfortunately, it doesn't yaw - no rotation whatsoever!

Interestingly, the version that I have is on IOS from the App Store - so, I'm wondering whether it is compatible with the P3p or is that version just for the Inspire?

If that's the case, where do I get a DronePan that works with the P3p?

Thanks

The App Store version says right on it Inspire 1 only. Good bet that it wouldn't work.

You are right Harry. The App Store version is only for the Inspire which yaws the camera and not the body of the quad which the P3 needs.

The P3 version you have read about on this thread is a beta P3 version. You can always offer to join the beta testing group (look at the top of the thread for contact details).

You are right Harry. The App Store version is only for the Inspire which yaws the camera and not the body of the quad which the P3 needs.

The P3 version you have read about on this thread is a beta P3 version. You can always offer to join the beta testing group (look at the top of the thread for contact details).

See my above post. I have the P3 Beta Version and it is not rotating the quad.

Sorry. What about the usual suspects? Are you running the latest version of iOS9? Have you downloaded the latest firmware to your P3 and remote? Just asking [emoji41]

Sorry. What about the usual suspects? Are you running the latest version of iOS9? Have you downloaded the latest firmware to your P3 and remote? Just asking [emoji41]

Sigh... I just realized that I downloaded the beta version on my phone but I fly with my iPad, which had the inspire version.

Yes, I'm an idiot. Deleted comments above about it not working since I don't want to mistakenly discourage anyone.

Never mind, we all make mistakes - as the Dalek said, climbing off the dustbin ;-)

Just took it out in Fremantle, Western Australia for early morning shoot. Worked fine in very windy conditions. Just needs AEB photos and it would be perfect [emoji12]

Wait, is that a beta? The App Store version still seems to be Inspire only.
Yes, don't try using the App Store version on the P3P! It won't stop you, and appears to work, but it won't work properly!

Just took it out in Fremantle, Western Australia for early morning shoot. Worked fine in very windy conditions. Just needs AEB photos and it would be perfect [emoji12]
Well, you can use it to shoot in J+R and then use the raw DNG files instead of the JPG files. DNG has roughly 2 stops of latitude in either direction (4 total), which is far more than you will get with AEB using JPG only (only 1.4 stops over and under, and only if you select a full 5 shot bracket). The holy grail, however, would be AEB using DNG's, but those take a full 30 seconds per image to process, and you cannot successfully shoot faster than one image every 30 seconds, so your Dronepan 22 image sequence will take 11 minutes to shoot, not 2 minutes! Best done manually. You can successfully shoot the full spherical panorama with only 18 very precisely positioned shots (every 60° of yaw, and shoot gimbal positions of horizontal, -30°, and -60° in each position around the 360° of total yaw), but that is still 9 minutes!:cool:

Last edited:
How do I get the beta? You did?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just email the developer and ask to be included in the beta, so you can install Flight Test, and get the beta install notifications.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20