DronePan Beta Testing - Sign Up Here

Gotcha.

I would LOVE to be a beta tester for this product and have done alpha and beta testing for a number of drone companies. But I am all Android. Post again when you have an Android version and I'll be glad to help out. I enjoy shooting (manual) 360 panos which take about 25 shots that I combine with commercial software (Panorama Studio).

@pdw - Thanks for the quick response with the beta invite. I tried it out for the first time this evening. Is this the preferred place for comments, or do you have another more appropriate place for questions / comments?

I love the simplicity of the app. There are two feature requests that I would have, however:

1. I took some longer-exposure sunset shots and noticed that the Phantom needs to "settle" before snapping a photo because the gimbal drifts horizontally to smooth the yaw of the aircraft. It would be nice if there was a setting for adding a delay after each yaw to let the gimbal settle.

2. I typically just do my stitching in Lightroom (or Photoshop), but Lightroom complained that there were not enough overlapping pixels. I have only tried out this one flight, so I am not sure if it is due to the low light (and under-exposed ground) or if Lightroom has a problem with 360-degrees being covered in 6 frames. I guess my request would be to have an option to increase the number of frames taken.

I will try another flight tomorrow and see if it does better for my workflow in broad daylight. I'll also try out PTGui or AutoPano to see if it likes them better.

Thank you again for a great tool, and keep up the good work!

@pdw - Thanks for the quick response with the beta invite. I tried it out for the first time this evening. Is this the preferred place for comments, or do you have another more appropriate place for questions / comments?

I love the simplicity of the app. There are two feature requests that I would have, however:

1. I took some longer-exposure sunset shots and noticed that the Phantom needs to "settle" before snapping a photo because the gimbal drifts horizontally to smooth the yaw of the aircraft. It would be nice if there was a setting for adding a delay after each yaw to let the gimbal settle.

2. I typically just do my stitching in Lightroom (or Photoshop), but Lightroom complained that there were not enough overlapping pixels. I have only tried out this one flight, so I am not sure if it is due to the low light (and under-exposed ground) or if Lightroom has a problem with 360-degrees being covered in 6 frames. I guess my request would be to have an option to increase the number of frames taken.

I will try another flight tomorrow and see if it does better for my workflow in broad daylight. I'll also try out PTGui or AutoPano to see if it likes them better.

Thank you again for a great tool, and keep up the good work!

Hi Kevin, thank for taking the initiative to get out there and test, really appreciate it!

1) Yea you're on point here -- we're studying this issue from multiple angles (no pun intended). Over time we're going to develop a variety of additional features / settings to help prevent motion blur, and open to any specific ideas. Your comment made me think of locking the gimbal so that it doesn't need the "settling" time....not sure this can be done, but we'll research it.

2) This is an interesting request -- there are many users asking for fewer shots, and almost as many requesting more shots. So it appears the solution will be to incorporate a setting to increase or decrease frame quantity.

Regarding feedback, and this may change over time, but right now the best place to maintain dialogue is in our facebook group: Log into Facebook | Facebook

Cant wait to see your panos!

If you use Auto Pano Pro, what do you upload them to?
For right now we're manually uploading to DronePan servers, and we're happy to do this for users. Additionally, we are working on a more "automated" community wherein users can automatically upload and geotag.

Reactions: Cyclone

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj