dronefly update !!!

Reaction score
Company
DroneFly is the best online store to purchase The Dji Phantom! With Free Shipping and amazing customer support, we make it fun and easy to shop at DroneFly.com.... This message is in regard to your complaint submitted on 1/2/2014 3:33:32 PM against DroneFly.com. Your complaint was assigned ID xxxxx

Better Business Bureau has made several attempts to contact the business regarding the above referenced complaint. We regret to inform you that we have not received a response from the company despite our best efforts.

BBB develops and maintains Business Reviews on companies in our service area. In the case of your complaint, the company's failure to give attention to the matter will be reflected in the review we give to consumers about them for three years. This information is available to the public and is frequently used by potential customers. UPDATE>>>>> Dronefly..... I would like to thank Taylor at dronefly for all the help with my phantom problem. He is a good man.

Re: dronefly

Yes, I have also had my issues with DroneFly. I got the impression that they were pretty overwhelmed with all of the P2V issues. They were very reluctant to provide any customer service without DJI's approval. I learned pretty quickly to work directly with DJI, then forward the information to DroneFly for resolution. The DJI Rep in California (Tony?) seemed to be pretty responsive and helpful.

Wildcatter,
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of issue did you have with your P2V and DroneFly?

I am very annoyed w/their customer service!! I was unfortunate to receive a defective camera unit (w/the pink triangles that appear in the images).

I was told by Dronefly in early December to send in my defective camera ASAP (& I did) so that when they get in the replacements, they could get one out to me right away. Long story short, they told me they received the replacement units last Monday and that they were more than likely going out the very next day... I've inquired four times since then asking them when they're going to ship me my replacement camera and still no response.

I've been w/out a camera for over 5 weeks now - I purchased the P2V for the FPV experience. At this point, I am unsure what to do.

I really need some advice. Anyone?

In my opinion they seem to over promise and under deliver. My last order with them seemed to just disappear. Then after a few weeks I started raising heck. I was told my order would be shipped the next day. It wasn't. Another couple of weeks, same thing, I was told they were actually out of stock and waiting on a deliver and guaranteed a ship date. I was then told it was shipped, then the next day got an apology that it was not. I did finally get my order but it was frustrating. I am now only dealing with FloridaUAV.com or Atlantahobby as they are fair and take great care of their customers, in my experiences.

I was flying about 400 feet high and about 100 feet away when with no warning the screen showed zero battery and zero satellites. I was only about 4 minutes into the flight with all batteries fully charged. The phantom just drifted away and I tried everything to get it to come home. I had good gps lock before take off, 8 sat. sometimes 11 I tried to follow it on my ATV but lost site of it. Drone fly told me TO BAD SO SAD. ..... F D M F###K THEM DRONELFY MAGGOTS

OI Photography said:
rbarghini said:

Threaten legal action. Seriously. Just be professional and stick to the facts, but it's the best way to get noticed and prioritized.

Thanks OP for the advice... here's what I wrote to them this morning:

Dronefly,

I bought the P2V for the FPV experience. If I am unable to receive a replacement camera (nor any communication in regards to it) by next week I'd like to ask for a full refund. This is very upsetting. I've been nothing but patient and understanding throughout this process, but at this point it's nearing 6 weeks since I've been able to fly it w/FPV capabilities - the very reason why I purchased it.

I hope I am clear in what I am asking of you and that you keep your promise of customer service excellence.

Ron

rbarghini said:
OI Photography said:
rbarghini said:

Threaten legal action. Seriously. Just be professional and stick to the facts, but it's the best way to get noticed and prioritized.

Thanks OP for the advice... here's what I wrote to them this morning:

Dronefly,

I bought the P2V for the FPV experience. If I am unable to receive a replacement camera (nor any communication in regards to it) by next week I'd like to ask for a full refund. This is very upsetting. I've been nothing but patient and understanding throughout this process, but at this point it's nearing 6 weeks since I've been able to fly it w/FPV capabilities - the very reason why I purchased it.

I hope I am clear in what I am asking of you and that you keep your promise of customer service excellence.

Ron

That's a great start. See how they reply (if at all), but if there's no reply and action by then, demand the refund again firmly and state that if they fail to address your request within 72 hours you will be forced to pursue legal action.

I have had excellent service with DRONEFLY after terrible service with UAVDIRECT not even returning my email questioning how much longer for the parts. When I finally did cancel the order after receiving my parts through DRONEFLY in 2 days (this after 3 weeks of not hearing anything from UAVDIRECT) I get a response from UAVDIRECT asking if I still required the parts even though I had already cancelled.. apparently they were blaming DJI for sending the wrong parts not once but twice.. as for ordering parts through DRONEFLY, they have been fast and have all products in stock whereas other dealers for DJI appear to have some in stock and others they need to order and some they don't even list. I have also ordered from B & H and they too were very good... sorry UAVDIRECT in my opinion you get the low marks here.

I purchased mine from Amazon.com and 5 days later when i lost mine in the water from a fly-away.. i called them and in 15 min the were having another one sent overnight to me at no charge. Now that is customer service...

Richard

Bought some DJI gear the other day from helipal.com (Hong Kong)..... package arrived in New Zealand at my door 2.5 days later .... I got several emails keeping me upto date with where and when my package would arrive, hell, I even got an email telling me the guy was at my door to deliver but noone home to take parcel.... was the most insane speed and service have ever had ... think will be where buy my all my gear from now on, and keeps me out of the USA/DJI clusterfu*k thats going on now with legal restriction on sales, stock etc through certain dealers .....

GMANNZ said:
Bought some DJI gear the other day from helipal.com (Hong Kong)..... package arrived in New Zealand at my door 2.5 days later .... I got several emails keeping me upto date with where and when my package would arrive, hell, I even got an email telling me the guy was at my door to deliver but noone home to take parcel.... was the most insane speed and service have ever had ... think will be where buy my all my gear from now on, and keeps me out of the USA/DJI clusterfu*k thats going on now with legal restriction on sales, stock etc through certain dealers .....

Agreed - also had good experiences with Helipal.

wildcatter said:
Well, I am happy to say Taylor at dronefly was true to his word. Today I received my replacement vision, Life is good....

I too am happy... I finally received my replacement camera today from Dronefly. I will not be a returning customer though after the fiasco they put me through. I am just glad I can finally fly (my $1,200 investment) again and move on.

The replacement camera is much better!! (and is working as it should). No pink triangular artifacts or out of focus problems, the image is clear all around. The WIFI connection is sharp and quick to respond - so far, no connectivity issues.

If you were plagued w/a defective camera unit (like I was), don't settle. Push your vendor until they're able to replace it. Good luck!

Ron

Dronefly is horrible. They know nothing in the field of Customer Service. If you're looking to save a buck, this is not the product, nor the dealer to go to. You WILL need customer support and they just are not capable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.