Dronefly Robbed

Reaction score
Saw on the news, Dronefly was broken into. Report said 50K in drones, several Inspire 1's stolen. Caught on servellance, hope they will find them.

They should. Once someone decides to hook up for firm ware update or anything like that. Nothing worse than a thief except a liar & they are normally hand in hand!

Larry L said:
They should. Once someone decides to hook up for firm ware update or anything like that. Nothing worse than a thief except a liar & they are normally hand in hand!

It will never happed, they are smarter than that

BWJ said:
Larry L said:

It will never happed, they are smarter than that
We'll I don't know, they weren't smart enough to not have their faces on camera :lol: or call out Paul!!!! ROFLMAO. Yep a lot are smarter than that but they sell them to someone else who tries to pawn. When serial #! shows up as stolen , they are happy to roll over so they don't pick up the felony.

Did t they get robbed before Christmas too?

Khudson7 said:
LuvMyTJ said:
Thats where mine came from!
[/url]
WHAT??? Your drone came from this robbery? OMG! I hope I am reading this...wrong. :eek:

Shhhhhhhhhh! I don't want that information getting out but I know I can trust you guys. :lol:

msinger said:

Smash & grab drone thefts are becoming more frequent like these guys who have been broken into twice - http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...Twice-Suspect-Caught-on-Camera-287181431.html

Or this meth head who broke into 2 different store in 2 days to feed his drug habit - http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... meth-debt/ and http://www.jrn.com/ktnv/news/Second-drone-store-robbed-in-Las-Vegas-in-two-days-284828101.html

Reactions: BigAl07
Time to get a better security system? Wow.

i've seen a couple of video's from drone shop robberies, all have had unprotected glass doors for easy access & not once has an alarm gone off

Dronefly is planning on 24 hour security guard according to the report. I might apply just so I could shoot the next robber that comes through the door.

msinger said:

I was talking to a friend yesterday who asked if I'd heard what happened since the theft, I told him I hadn't. He said the shop seems to have closed since - not sure if it was the owner's choice, a result of the theft, or perhaps an ultimatum from DJI since he had only one of 10 supposed prototypes in the US. I tried yesterday afternoon to find a link or phone number and indeed, The Coptershop seems to never have existed.
The Inspire supposedly didn't have a battery in it and the radio wasn't taken. Perhaps stolen for the technology and not to fly?

Maybe DJI is trying to drum up publicity for their "rare" drones by having them stolen!

More seriously, I would suspect some of these local shops aren't turning enough profit and need to "liquidate" inventory.

Either way, the perpetrators ought to be easy to catch.

PhantomPhreak said:
Dronefly is planning on 24 hour security guard
It might be cheaper to keep a pit bull in the store at night :cool:

I have bought some stuff from dronefly and they are one of the good guys. We should give them our support and order from them to help them get back on their feet. Sure, they have insurance but that horrible feeling of being broken into and robbed persists. Our support will undoubtedly make a difference to them. Just sayin'...

Reactions: N017RW
Interesting.

Seems their competitor "Drones Plus" has closed up all their stores in CA as well due to burglaries. One in Burbank got hit 3-4 times before it shut, and they had five people involved in the break-in on camera. Their main office in Las Vegas has also seems to have closed in Yelp too. They may be gone for good as well. Insurance might have priced them out of the market.

Bad part is what is to become of all the stolen ones? Might not be to our benefit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers