DroneDeploy & very dark images after latest P4p update

Reaction score
I use my Phantom 4 pro on small mapping missions. I just did an update as prompted by the Go 4 App and then flew a gravel pit. All the images are very dark, the camera was in full auto mode. DroneDeploy still managed to stitch the images to a map but it is not usable due to the density of the images.

I tried aperture priority and full manual and the results are exactly the same. Before the update everything was perfect. I took aerial pictures after the mapping session and the images are perfect. Anyone else having the same issue? I sent DD a message but have not heard back yet.

I've had that happen too. I just used IrfanView to do a batch adjustment of brightness/contrast, and the images and map turned out fine. Dronedeploy is pretty slick for planning, but full of serious bugs.....

Ditto here too. Had both overexposed and underexposures using DD in auto mode. Sometimes entire missions were underexposed. I reported it to DD as well.

Go into Advanced settings for your particular mission and disable camera "Auto". Then go into DJI Go 4 and configure your camera settings manually. I try to adjust around a shutter speed of 1/1000 depending on time of day and general brightness.

Then you should be able to return to DD and run your mission(s) without the flakey exposure issues.

Ditto here too. Had both overexposed and underexposures using DD in auto mode. Sometimes entire missions were underexposed. I reported it to DD as well.

Go into Advanced settings for your particular mission and disable camera "Auto". Then go into DJI Go 4 and configure your camera settings manually. I try to adjust around a shutter speed of 1/1000 depending on time of day and general brightness.

Then you should be able to return to DD and run your mission(s) without the flakey exposure issues.

You are correct. I forgot to mention I had a response from DD saying DJI's latest update had made changes to the SDK causing the problem and that DD engineers were working to solve the issue and that a fix would a a couple of weeks and that manual control of the camera was a temporary fix.

That was essentially the same thing they said to me. DJI updated its firmware purportedly resolving 3rd party app compatibilities. DD released an iOS update they claim fixed a number of issues. But when I ran a series of missions earlier this week I did not attempt to test in auto camera mode.

When the weather clears, I'll retest in auto mode.

What I did experience was the iOS app repeatedly crashing mid mission. It appears tied to the video feed. I could restart the app and re acquire the mission feed while the bird was in flight but as soon as the video kicked in, the app crashed again. Rinsed and repeated.

I think I ended up power cycling the bird, remote controller, and both power cycled and hard reset the iPad to clear the issue. Way too time consuming for production work.

Haven't had time to submit a report to DD but will probably do so this weekend.

Let me know if you run into the same issue?

I'm having the same dark image problem on my p4p. Tried the manual settings but when going back to DJI Go4 app I cannot get to picture settings. I was able to turn off auto setting in DD and they turned out better. The gimbal did go limp and flop around after the mission was complete and was returning to home. Not sure what happened there.

I use the Phantom 4 pro plus and nd 8 filter. When the settings on screen of the controller looking perfect. Later on computer from SD- card the pics are to dark ...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik