Dronedeploy-how to make maps

Reaction score
G'day,
I am trying to use dronedeploy to make field maps. I have made the plan and got the P4 to fly the route, but how do I make the map?
Do I need to take the photos my self? Or will the drone automatically take photos?
Then what do I do with the photos?

Cheers

I am trying to use dronedeploy to make field maps. I have made the plan and got the P4 to fly the route, but how do I make the map?
Do I need to take the photos my self? Or will the drone automatically take photos?
Then what do I do with the photos?
You could never take the photos with a precise 70% overlap.
DroneDeploy does everything from takeoff to landing (but you can cancel anytime by flicking the flight mode switch to another mode and then back to P-GPS).
Here's a screenshot form a mission I flew yesterday:
i-KWpdD5Z-L.png

You can see what it's flown (white) and the blue is what's left to fly.
It's already taken 166 photos.
Here's a part of the final image:
7Y23%20detail-1a-X3.jpg

When the flight is finished, the app gives you the option to upload the images and they process them to create an orthophoto.
Or (if you have the right software) you can process them yourself.

DD have plenty of help available here: Frequently Asked Questions

I'd suggest flying a few small practise missions to get the hang of it in a large open area.

Thanks for that.

Are the photos saved in a folder on SD card?
Should you be able to view the photos in the folder?
Do I then go to the dronedeploy website, login, and what next?

Thanks for that.

Are the photos saved in a folder on SD card?
Should you be able to view the photos in the folder?
Do I then go to the dronedeploy website, login, and what next?
Yes, all photos are saved on your SD card. Go to the Drone Deploy site and upload them, they will be compiled in their cloud.

Okay, where exactly on the dronedeploy website do I upload my photos?
You have to create an account, you can do a free trial. After logging in it should be pretty self-explanatory on how to create a new project and upload.

I have an account and am doing the free trial. I know this is pretty pathetic :( but could you send a screen shot or something showing where to upload photos to make the map?
Sorry to be a bother.

Their website is very user friendly and
I have an account and am doing the free trial. I know this is pretty pathetic :( but could you send a screen shot or something showing where to upload photos to make the map?
Sorry to be a bother.
it's simple follow-your-nose stuff.
After you've flown a mission, an Upload icon shows beside the mission on your dashboard.
Just click that and away you go.
Here's what it looks like
i-gzCPzx8-L.jpg

Thanks to all of you for your help!
(I am a bit slow, I know, He, he, he;))

I think I have things figured out now

Thanks again.
It is really good that we can all share ideas, info and knowledge, even when we are all so far away from each other.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie