DroneCrates Arrived - Had to modify a bit

Reaction score
The DroneCrates backpack finally arrived and looks really nice. LOTS of space and this thing has a place to put a bladder for those times you are hiking to your next place to explore. Sadly it does not come with the bladder though. That you will have to purchase on your own.

The zippers are a bit tight on the main compartment due to the foam insert. The up side of this is that there is no wiggle room for your drone. It will stay put.

Now, about that modification I had to make. It's not the fault of DroneCrates. I had the UAV Bits strong arm installed and because of that, as I had anticipated, it would not fit snug into the foam. So no worries. The white insulation is double sided taped to the black foam so just had to do a bit of cutting.

Seems to work like a dream.

Pro's to this case:
- Lots and lots of pockets for extra stuff.
- Sturdy and since it's a backpack it will probably be easy to carry around
- Place for water. Is that a pro or con with a drone? Time will tell..
- Very cool looking

Con's noticed so far:
- It is a bit bulky as a backpack but that's probably expected
- Zippers are hard to zip on the main compartment because it's tight. Maybe not a con...
- Lacks small pockets for things like SD cards or readers
- DC needs to offer a version for the strong arm kit
- One antenna sticks up on the remote. May not be a con.. time will tell.

Attachments

• IMG_3606.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_3606.JPG.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_3609.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_3609.JPG.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_3610.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_3610.JPG.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_3612.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_3612.JPG.jpeg
    49.9 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_3613.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_3613.JPG.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 401
Reactions: Joao Carlos
Thanks for the feedback. We always want to hear from customers on their thoughts on what they like and what they think we can improve on.

The hard part about the cases is that there are so many customizations that are done that it's hard to anticipate what they will be and to make sure everything will fit. I will look into and see if there is way we can update the design to work better for the strong arm kit.

Last edited:
The DroneCrates backpack finally arrived and looks really nice. LOTS of space and this thing has a place to put a bladder for those times you are hiking to your next place to explore. Sadly it does not come with the bladder though. That you will have to purchase on your own.

The zippers are a bit tight on the main compartment due to the foam insert. The up side of this is that there is no wiggle room for your drone. It will stay put.

Now, about that modification I had to make. It's not the fault of DroneCrates. I had the UAV Bits strong arm installed and because of that, as I had anticipated, it would not fit snug into the foam. So no worries. The white insulation is double sided taped to the black foam so just had to do a bit of cutting.

Seems to work like a dream.

Pro's to this case:
- Lots and lots of pockets for extra stuff.
- Sturdy and since it's a backpack it will probably be easy to carry around
- Place for water. Is that a pro or con with a drone? Time will tell..
- Very cool looking

Con's noticed so far:
- It is a bit bulky as a backpack but that's probably expected
- Zippers are hard to zip on the main compartment because it's tight. Maybe not a con...
- Lacks small pockets for things like SD cards or readers
- DC needs to offer a version for the strong arm kit
- One antenna sticks up on the remote. May not be a con.. time will tell.

Thanks for the review. I already have a hard shell case for transporting while near or around home but I was searching for a back pack style one for airport travel. Would this fit the bill? Overall quality seem good? I would also need to make similar modifications to accommodate the strong arm kit.

Thanks for the review. I already have a hard shell case for transporting while near or around home but I was searching for a back pack style one for airport travel. Would this fit the bill? Overall quality seem good? I would also need to make similar modifications to accommodate the strong arm kit.
That's exactly why I got this one. It will work for airport and the quality is really great. Add that to the total commitment of DroneCrates on customer service and it's a winner.

Reactions: Fplvert

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1