Drone won't connect to remote control. Brand new out of the box

Reaction score
I have just got a replacement Phantom 3 adv, done all firmware updates & Calibrated remote controller.
I am on a weekend break on the Isle of Wight, and was looking forward to flying over beaches and around the " Needles". I went onto beach to adjust gain & gimble speed. But the DJI GO app seems unable to connect to aircraft. It says remote control signal lost. Lights on back arms are flashing fast yellow.
I wondered if DJI GO app which worked fine with previous Phantom has a problem connecting to new one, as it is trying to connect to the Old one. But I did firmware update on everything via DJI GO app and registered it, and gave it a name. Though name is same as Old one.
Has anyone had this problem, any ideas what to do ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

did you update dji go app also

I haven't updated dji go app, as on an iPhone You always get a prompt for any apps that need updating. So I assume there is no update.
With regards to pairing rc to ac. No. Didn't know I had to. How do I do that ?

what version on dji go app you on

new dji go app is 2,7,2

I have been on You tube, found out how to do it. Followed instructions. LED light went from solid to flashing red, but never turned green, even though on DJI GO it said finished pairing. It's Bloody Bollocks. I must have another dud. I am seriously thinking about getting My money back & packing it in.

I have no idea how to find what version of DJI GO app I am on. Thanks for video tutorial. It is pretty much the same as I did. Kinda fed up with taking everything out setting up, no flight. Going to try pairing for s fourth time. Need a Bloody drink first.
Thanks everyone for Yiur Help. I I think it is ******.

I am running DJI GO app, version 2.8.0 surely this is a newer version than 2.7.2 ?

2.8.0 is the current GO app on iOS.

if pairing didn't help, get a replacement. you'll be glad that you get it replaced rather than just returning it. it's a lot of fun when it's working great!

I know people are going to disagree with me here.. but its my opinion that the previous updates were more user friendly... a "plug and play" if you will.... This latest update has been a royal pain in my Rear End... If it wasn't for Msinger's patience in walking me through the problematic process i would have returned the bird and never looked back...

I've literally just got this as a replacement for faulty one. Not managed to fly it yet. So it may have to go back before it's even taken off.
I tried getting in touch with Customer care. Fat lot of use that is. Can't even get phone to ring in Hong Kong or China. Tried the chat thing before and was abandoned mid chat

please post firmware versions of the aircraft AND the remote. They are separate.

I have latest firmware on both drone & remote. I only did it a week ago.
Wish I could fond someone local to help. I shall try Googling

Did you update firmware on controller first ? Try and downgrade firmware . After upgrade firmware on aircraft first then proceed to upgrade the controller. I had the same problem where I couldn't start the aircraft and it showed signal lost. I did the following process and it worked . I have a p4 but I'm sure it's the same process for your advance. Please let me know if it works good luck

My Brain is completely frazzled trying to get it to work. I have to get a Friend, to do firmware upgrades for Me as I am clueless. he's only a friend really as He's more of a Friend of a Friend. I tried to follow instructions from dji to upgrade firmware to no avail. It is far too complicated for Me.
So I can't keep going to see Him about this. I want to Punch Wang in the Face. I bought drone in January, flew a couple of months, since then, been waiting for replacement. Replacement arrives. It doesn't work. Now I have to wait forever again for another replacement. If it works.
I think it did it the way round You suggest, ie drone then controller. I've also spent well over an hr on virtual chat with dji, trying to get them to understand Me, with broken English back, asking stupid questions I had already answered. I'm wonder how many people get **** like this.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have got the folding firmware updates; dji go app 2.8.0, Drone 1.7.60, Remote control 1.5.80. I believe these are all the latest. Two weeks after receiving brand new Phantom 3 adv it won't connect to remote, hence fly. Pissed if is a Massive understatement. [emoji17]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: FASTFJR
I updated my bird and then the RC to the latest - 1.08 AC and 1.6 RC and also changed to a new iPhone 6s and couldn't get app and rc to talk to AC. Tried downgrading to 1.7 on AC and previous on RC to no avail. I then reset my iPhone as a brand new phone downloading the DJI Go app only and bam it worked. That may be your last resort after trying all the other suggestions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20