Drone virgin looking for pointers

Reaction score
Hi there. I have just invested in a Phantom 4. I have never flown a drone before and looking for somewhere around slough the south east to fly it. Any advise would be welcome

Hi there and welcome to the forum.
Make sure you read the manual thoroughly and there's lots of great info in this forum.
You'll find answers to lots of questions in here.
Fly safe.

Welcome to the group! I would suggest a wide open area with a flat area or landing pad to take off and land. Make small stick movements when starting off. Also use the auto take-off option in the app, many maiden flight drone accidents happen when taking off. There is also a simulator in the DJI GO app, If you've never flown before you may want to try this first.

Thanks I will try that. The reason I went for this drone was because it looked the most user friendly.
It is definitely one of the most user friendly drones. Enjoy! Fly Safe!

Here are some tips:
1. Calibrate compass, gimbal, and IMU every flight
2. Use home lock to bring the phantom back instead of relying on rth, much quicker and easier
3. DO NOT use auto landing in windy or bad surface for landing. Land it manually for a much faster landing and to prevent tip overs.
4. Don't let the transmitter battery run low. 25% transmitter battery resulted in me losing video feed entirely.
5. Learn to fly in ATTI mode in wind in case something goes all wrong.

I second this. There will be times when you fly that you may lose GPS causing the drone to go to ATTI mode. Although I would start by learning this mode without the wind at first and would choose a large open area until you master it.

Reactions: MiamiDroneFlights
Here are some tips:
1. Calibrate compass, gimbal, and IMU every flight
2. Use home lock to bring the phantom back instead of relying on rth, much quicker and easier
3. DO NOT use auto landing in windy or bad surface for landing. Land it manually for a much faster landing and to prevent tip overs.
4. Don't let the transmitter battery run low. 25% transmitter battery resulted in me losing video feed entirely.

Joey:

What exactly do u mean by 'Home Lock'?

Miami Drone Flights

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic