Drone video music

Reaction score
Hi,

I've taken a lot of footage recently on a holiday and now I want to edit into a short video.

I'm wondering where you guys get your music from. I want to eventually upload to YouTube so royalty free would be ideal.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Someone on the thread that msinger just linked to mentioned audio blocks. I am very new to this, so that is all I've used so far. They have a kinda expensively priced membership, but they have a free 7 day membership where you can download 20 tracks a day for those 7 days (140 songs). So I did that and downloaded a ton of good tracks for free. Many different genres, styles, etc. Like I said, I don't know about others mentioned but I figured I'd clue ya in on what little I do know.

Reactions: BigAl07
Try getting in touch with some local bands / singer - songwriters who are cutting their teeth in the music business.
They are often more than happy for you to use their music for free as it gains them exposure, and you get access to some cracking music without fear of YouTube pulling it.
That's a pretty cool idea!

Check out Scott Buckley from Australia. He is a composer artist that does free, royalty-free music for movies, games, etc as a hobby. He's very good. I've used some of his stuff for a documentary I made.

www.scottbuckley.com.au/library

Youtube has Christmas music which is royalty free.

I use whatever music I want on youtube, and then I give credit to the artist.

Afterwards, in the Video Manager, I see links attached to my videos that say:

"Blocked in some countries"

or

"includes copywrited content."

Clicking on those links gives more info, such as there may be a commercial attached to my vid, or any monies earned would go to the copywriter.

Cheers guys. I wasn't aware that crediting an artist when using their music on YouTube made it "ok".
Scott Buckleys stuff is quite cool. I'll maybe find a use for some of it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well, when you upload, they actually have software that detects any music you have and checks it for copywrite. It has nothing to do with crediting the artist. I just do that for good luck. If the music is copywrited and (apparently) the record label has some kind of agreement with youtube, then you're automatically entered into this system where you get to use it and they get the money if there is any. If you don't like it, you can remove the music. Or if you want to argue that the music is not copywrited, you can appeal. And I think you can request a partial share too if you also have some of your own music in the vid. Read about it here:

What is a Content ID claim? - YouTube Help

I suppose it's possible you might use an artist that has no such agreement. That might be a little sticky. I will guess Beatles and Led Zep probably don't have such agreements. And probably others. Be wary.

Hope this helps.

Just seconding what Marknmd said above.

Youtube has the technology to know if you are using copyrighted music. I've tried to use really obscure music and still got a note from Youtube notifying me as much.

The note you get from Youtube basically says that you're not in trouble, but you can't monazite your video by including ads, but the copyright holder can insert ads into your video in order to recoup some money.

I didn't want any ads in my music so I just hunted around for other music. Sometimes i use my own music.

Wanted to update.

Found this which is good info: Music Policies - YouTube

It enables you to check the artist/song you are considering using on your youtube video beforehand. It tells you what the artist's/record label's policies are on the particular song you're interested in. The vast majority of songs are permitted and allows your video to be viewed worldwide. Some are permitted but blocked in certain countries or continents (e.g. a video with the Led Zeppelin - Nobody's Fault But Mine track is permitted but may not be viewed in Antarctica [I swear I'm not making this up]). Some songs, however, are flat out not allowed (e.g. anything by the Beatles). So it might be wise to check this list before uploading.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31