Drone U $1 for 14 days worth it for amatuer?

Reaction score
Hey there,

I watched Drone U on YT for a while and I noticed their membership is $1 for 2 weeks. Would there be anything of value in their courses?
I am a complete beginner and have only flown a few times. I am not so concerned about the $1 or even the $47 to an extent.
Would these courses benefit a complete beginner or are they tailored towards slightly more experienced pilots getting into professional droning?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Personally, I'm not a fan. These are the two guys that think they're pro sportscasters sitting behind GIANT microphones while starring at laptops. There are dozens of channels on YouTube that run a similar business model: watch a free webinar (actually pre-recorded) or join for a dollar. From that point they send you endless e-mails promoting various products and services.

Like yourself, I was a complete beginner about a year ago. There is so much free content on YouTube and drone sites I couldn't absorb enough. Still can't.

My application for purchasing the drone was video/photography so I did purchase a bundle of courses from Phantom Film School (Laurence Seberini) Phantom Filmschool. His courses were specific to my drone. That was a plus.

Also visit www.phantomhelp.com. Loads of free information and links to videos.

If the money doesn't bother you, go for it. It can't hurt. But I would go with the free stuff first. Should you decide you want to turn this hobby into a profession, maybe they can help.

Reactions: SeanCC
Reaction score
Personally, I'm not a fan. These are the two guys that think they're pro sportscasters sitting behind GIANT microphones while starring at laptops. There are dozens of channels on YouTube that run a similar business model: watch a free webinar (actually pre-recorded) or join for a dollar. From that point they send you endless e-mails promoting various products and services.

Like yourself, I was a complete beginner about a year ago. There is so much free content on YouTube and drone sites I couldn't absorb enough. Still can't.

My application for purchasing the drone was video/photography so I did purchase a bundle of courses from Phantom Film School (Laurence Seberini) Phantom Filmschool. His courses were specific to my drone. That was a plus.

Also visit www.phantomhelp.com. Loads of free information and links to videos.

If the money doesn't bother you, go for it. It can't hurt. But I would go with the free stuff first. Should you decide you want to turn this hobby into a profession, maybe they can help.

Thank you very much for the reply
I have seen a lot of the free content about amateur film making and THEORETICALLY I know how to make good drone shots. I think if I practice actually flying more it should benefit me more than watching a course.
Anyway, I will give it a shot for only $1 and if I lose interest, its only $1

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deliguy