Drone, transmitter link up

Reaction score
I got my new DJI phantom 3 standard (used) yesterday. having problems with controller, drone link up. I have to manually linkup before each flight. Is this normal? I did the firmware update and everything works wonderfully. I am used to an x 380. this dji is really really nice. I am just wondering about link up. Thanks in advance for any input.

I got my new DJI phantom 3 standard (used) yesterday. having problems with controller, drone link up. I have to manually linkup before each flight. Is this normal? I did the firmware update and everything works wonderfully. I am used to an x 380. this dji is really really nice. I am just wondering about link up. Thanks in advance for any input.
Cool x380,detect,,yes me has one,no cam,Um linking ..have you tryed useing the RC linking in djigo app in rc settings,,,one pressed it should confirm frequency and when you hit ok it should beep till you press link button on p3,,,once this done it should remain linked,,,?? Or is this happening and it not saving.....and yes it not normal to link every flight,,,that used word just scared me,,,i presume you saw this drone working,,,did seller metion anything about it,,how used is it or near new,,it's possible the seller knew nothing about it depending,just a thought but,,normally it linked before it goes in the box ,,iso it original remote

Last edited by a moderator:

I’d have to ask:

Did you have this issue before you updated the firmware? and,

Are you sure the update completed fully?

Updates usually take excessive time, and most of us are an impatient bunch that tend to rush these updates and assume they are complete.

Hopefully someone on the Forum has experienced this issue and can chime in with a solution.

Ianzone, I bought unseen. When i got it (yesterday) It would not lint at all. Once i manually link, it flies great. does everything i ask it to do. When i turn everything off and restart, I have to relink

Ianzone , the drone would not do anything until I updated the firmware
Interesting, normally get lots of warnings or prompts before it won't start,,,try this,,with all powered on press 3 lines and see if it rolls back a version on the remote
Screenshot_20190227-155144.jpg
Screenshot_20190227-155202.jpg

Manual link,,,turn gimble wheel far left and move s2 switch 3 times it should then beep,,,if works link button go solid green,and should stay linked,,,very unsure why it not saving
Screenshot_20190227-155907.jpg

Thanks much. I will try 1'st thing in the morning. Appreciate it
If you're still having trouble after trying the suggestions given to you previously don't hesitate to call DJI customer support they have been great for me. Yesterday I called them with trouble on a 300E controller I only waited a few minutes on the phone and in less than 5 minutes they solved the problem. Have not had to send anything back to them yet. Very pleased. Cust Serv 1-818-235-0789 good luck. KO

Thanks a bunch. I may just have to do. I am getting with my son this weekend. He's alot younger and very savy with this stuff. He just got a new mavic. It's sweet

I’m a newbie myself but I have a P4, P4P+, and a P4Adv.. Controllers with screen and standard. Buying used is scary but I’ve had good luck from people that except returns mostly businesses. If I can’t solve it on this forum, DJI to the rescue. Have fun. KO

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik