Drone trackers

Reactions: bkdraft
Anyone use them and if so which one. I'm thinking of getting one and would appreciate the input.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Trackimo's work great as WilliamM said above, but it needs GPS to work. Where I fly there is limited GPS and spotty cell coverage, so I use the Marco Polo tracker.

Each has its' own pro's and cons. Research them a bit before you decide which will work best for you. Either way, it's a great investment to have when your bird goes exploring the countryside.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Chicken drone
You can find a list of commonly use trackers here.

I've the RF-V16 tracker.. A very good small light cheap and powerful tracker. I'm delighted

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
It very good unit for the price, but it' still only works with a 2G service which is being phase out starting sometime next year.

i've been using a trackimo for over a year and until they recently when they did an update to the ios app, it was for the most part pretty dependable-but early this month, they managed to screw it up, I can still track (although somewhat slower) on a pc but the ios is either intermittent at best or (since this past Friday) not working at all-no position updates, nothing. I have contacted customer service and did get a reply the first time telling me that they were aware of 'bugs' and that they expected it would take 24 to 48 hours to fix-that was 10 days ago, still nothing. I just paid for another years' service, so I am considering filing a complaint with my credit card to get a refund. What is with these companies that feel the need to mess with software that works and mess it up?

i've been using a trackimo for over a year and until they recently when they did an update to the ios app, it was for the most part pretty dependable-but early this month, they managed to screw it up, I can still track (although somewhat slower) on a pc but the ios is either intermittent at best or (since this past Friday) not working at all-no position updates, nothing. I have contacted customer service and did get a reply the first time telling me that they were aware of 'bugs' and that they expected it would take 24 to 48 hours to fix-that was 10 days ago, still nothing. I just paid for another years' service, so I am considering filing a complaint with my credit card to get a refund. What is with these companies that feel the need to mess with software that works and mess it up?
It properly those in the R&D dept justifying there jobs. So many large companies change things for no good reason, like policy and procedures, and in this case software. Always chalk it up to different depts in the corp. trying to keep busy justifying their paycheck.

Marco Polo is expensive man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And I've read that the 2 mile range is max, under ideal conditions.
Here what I found on their site:
System Range
  • Line of sight: up to 2 miles typical
  • Open terrain, rolling hills with few obstructions: up to .5 – 1 mile
  • Dense suburban areas: 2,000 ft. typical

And I've read that the 2 mile range is max, under ideal conditions.
Here what I found on their site:
System Range
  • Line of sight: up to 2 miles typical
  • Open terrain, rolling hills with few obstructions: up to .5 – 1 mile
  • Dense suburban areas: 2,000 ft. typical

What are you going for?

Same here, on multiple iOS devices. I have been bugging support, but they send back ignorant responses, the latest being "make sure you have the latest app installed". Duh, that's what killed it. I'm going to press for an extension for time lost.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

What are you going for?

I already have the Trackimo 3G unit, but my second choice would have been the RF-V16 tracker or RF-V18. Just trying to find out if these others are 2G or 3G units.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers