Drone Slayer' claims victory in court

Reaction score
Makes you really want to fly huh?

'Drone Slayer' claims victory in court

BULLITT COUNTY, KY (WAVE) – The man who calls himself the "Drone Slayer" called a judge's decision a victory.

Bullitt County Judge Rebecca Ward on Monday dismissed the case against William H. Merideth, who admitted to shooting down a drone he said was hovering over his home last July.

Last edited:
The rule of law is steadily being replaced by judges rule. Her selective enforcement of the law is only going to encourage more vigilante justice. A very troubling decision in this case for sure.

Reactions: Ixlr8
He will appeal, and win. The witnesses didn't even testify. Plus, how can a judge set the precedent that discharging a firearm at something you think is spying on you is acceptable behavior? So if I stand at the edge of his back yard with a video camera and he shoots me in the face, that's ok too? ffs my doubts for the survival of humanity increases every day lately.

The rule of law is steadily being replaced by judges rule. Her selective enforcement of the law is only going to encourage more vigilante justice. A very troubling decision in this case for sure.

I have heard a few people walk by and say that's what a shotgun is for and I will shoot them down if they come near my house. Most seem to be older 70's 80's that say crap like this.
Then if we mix the Drunks into the mix what a mess. The Judge is wrong and maybe FAA needs to get in gear before someone gets hurt from this Judges action.

It adds a new meaning to Fly safe now.

PS: Some loon in the comments trying to be helpful explains how a pellet can take one down, Last I knew Air Rifles don't have the residential rules Guns carry in most states, and they are not as loud.

It wasn't much of a victory. Boggs just didn't make his case by failing to establish solid jurisdiction in federal court. Probably spent between $35,000 -$50,000 to recover $1,500. He'll spend another $15,000 - $25,000 to appeal.
You are replying to a post that was made in Oct of 2015 when this all started, not the recent situation in Fed court. Two different things.

Lol. So I did. Thanks! Thought I was posting to a different thread.

It's way too early in the morning and no coffee. I blame sleep & caffeine deprivation!

Did you read the article? If so, what did you think? (Or should we leaving sleeping threads lay?)

I had some old bastard standing next to me in Best Buy last week. I was looking at P4 batteries and he looked like he was interested in the Phantoms and Yuneecs. He mumbled "I call these things clay pigeons and will shoot one down if it comes near my house". I laughed out loud and told him if it was my drone he shot down then both of us would end up in jail. He looked at me kind of funny and wandered off.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4