Drone shut off in litchi waypoints

Can litchi shut drone off?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
I was in litchi way points when it shut my motors off.On a mission of 13 minutes one minute over water.It was focused on way point while descending from 150 ft to 75 feet.Of course over the water portion of mission.Being focused on way point it was traveling backwards and down..It for no reason dropped from sky into water.Well trackimo went out immediately as I lost sight while it dropped below a tree.For the thirty seconds it was going to go to 75 feet then back up to 150.I know you shouldn't let it out of sight but I was right there.A single tree and it was clear from people it was over a marsh.Anyway a witness told me they saw it flying descending then it dropped like a rock into river.I know joysticks back shut it off but didn't think about it in a mission.Even if I had it in view that altitude wouldn't have mattered.It was saltwater fast current.Good by little friend over a 100 flights in three months.Beware of your waypoint mission!!! If your poi is turned on DON'T DESCEND at same time.It was slightly backwards angle and down 75 feet and it shut off phantom 3 standard.According to my telemetry and witness accounts it hit nothing,it didn't wobble it shut off.It wasn't even thirty seconds to pass one tree so that's how fast it happened.That's my best guess no birds or wires the people I Was filming said it went quietly down fast.Do you think it's possible litchi waypoints down and slightly back could shut it off??? I feel so stupid not to noticed it would be going backwards and down,when set mission.The irony is, it was on waypoints because I wouldn't see it while it passed the tree so it was safer.I thought...And while passing tree over water instead of people.So in all I did everything as safe as possible and no trees or people were injured.I always fly over objects. like trees or buildings or water in this case to avoid falling into the people I'm videotaping.Now I must mourn the loss of my drone.I used it when I search for lost dog's for dog gone...Not quitting ordered refurbished from Dji and will sacrifice it to look for lost dogs or people if I must.

Sorry for your loss, it is a thought we entertain every time launch, that it may not come back.
Litchi is nearly always blamed for any malfunction, and this may be the case this time,but seems only one of many possibilities.
Catastrophic falls are often losing a prop, battery failure/loose, inadvertent CSC etc,
I have flown countless waypoint missions with every combination of POI, change in height etc, all without incident. I know this is not very helpful.
As you say do not give up,we all crash at some point, I fly over salt marshes all the time and know that if I go down it is finished.
Good luck

Reactions: DocDiggler
I wouldn't think Litchi could perform a CSC, there would need to be a significant issue with the DJI SDK for that to be a possibility.

You might like to upload the litchi log file to phantomhelp or healthy drones and post a link here. Perhaps it might offer an explanation. Complete loss of power is possibly the battery shut down when one cell sagged below 3v, could be the case given the AC was commanded to climb at that point in the mission.

Reactions: DocDiggler

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues