Drone shot out of sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Birdshot tells me it was a lot lower than 400'.
There's no need for hover and hold over other (strangers) property.

Good luck in court.

Birdshot tells me it was a lot lower than 400'.
There's no need for hover and hold over other (strangers) property.

Good luck in court.

F'ed up, yes, but I'm not sure it's illegal. I'm no lawyer but I don't think he owns the airspace above his property, but there definitely is legislation that says you can't shoot flying vehicles out of the sky.

A new hobby is born in the US? :D

From what I have read birdshot has a max travel of 200 (198) yards but it looks like the effective range is around 60 yards (for shooting clay targets with any kind of accuracy) - so that means he could have been flying as much as 180 ft above the property (if not slightly more). I am curious as to how high these guys were flying. If it was 150+ feet the invasion to privacy would be relatively low (from what you can see from the camera). The problem I have run into (just in conversations) is that everyone thinks you can see right into someone's house or that the drones have zoom lenses or something. Will be interested to hear how this turns out...

I'm no lawyer but I don't think he owns the airspace above his property, but there definitely is legislation that says you can't shoot flying vehicles out of the sky.
It's also illegal to discharge a firearm within 500 feet of a residence, as well as destroying someone else's property. I hope he gets slammed so there's precedence for the rest of the tinfoil hill billies in this nation.

From what I have read birdshot has a max travel of 200 (198) yards but it looks like the effective range is around 60 yards (for shooting clay targets with any kind of accuracy) - so that means he could have been flying as much as 180 ft above the property (if not slightly more). I am curious as to how high these guys were flying. If it was 150+ feet the invasion to privacy would be relatively low (from what you can see from the camera). The problem I have run into (just in conversations) is that everyone thinks you can see right into someone's house or that the drones have zoom lenses or something. Will be interested to hear how this turns out...
I don't know why people think they're that interesting anyways.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: bbfpv
The comments on that article are frustrating and scary as a society.

The comments on that article are frustrating and scary as a society.
They are surprising considering how many people there are supporting using guns to protect privacy rights and who also read MSN.

I admit, before I bought a drone I felt the same way. There are few things more intimidating than to have someone using a camera over your back yard without permission. My home is completely covered by surveillance cameras and I am careful not to point my cameras at people's private affairs unless asked to do so. I also respect people's privacy when flying in my home town.

Currently, the laws are clearly on the side of the drone operator as far as the flight path goes, but the right to video people's privacy, whether recording or just viewing, is non existent.

I believe this all falls under the expectation of privacy. Outside the dwelling, there is no expectation of privacy.

Do a search before posting items, especially news items. Duplicate topic (again), closed - http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...ed-for-shooting-down-drone.49341/#post-464435

2rf90ts.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20