Drone seller becomes upset

Reaction score
Hi

I did some (actually many) questions to the guy (Michael) in Passe-Temps Québec, about Phantom 3 Pro by email.

I found a better price elsewhere and let them know.

And this was the answer from Michael:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank a lot.
I have took my time with you and you buy somewehere else.
I don't know how you could sleep with that.
I really hope you'll have problem with your phantom and have to deal with the company sending it by mail and paying all the expensive shiiping cost....instead of buy local.

Michael
Passe-Temps Québec
450-983-6283 (magasin)
514-424-3786 (cellulaire)
www.PasseTempsQuebec.com

Last edited:
When Google finds the result, the correct response would have been.

"Sorry we couldn't help you this time but please bear us in mind if you buy again, or need any accessories.
We do our best to match any deal, and as your local dealer will do our utmost to help if you encounter any problems"

Reactions: J.James
When Google finds the result, the correct response would have been.

"Sorry we couldn't help you this time but please bear us in mind if you buy again, or need any accessories.
We do our best to match any deal, and as your local dealer will do our utmost to help if you encounter any problems"

Even unanswered, it would have been more respectful.

Hi

I did some (actually many) questions to the guy (Michael) in Passe-Temps Québec, about Phantom 3 Pro by email.

I found a better price elsewhere and let them know.

And this was the answer from Michael:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank a lot.
I have took my time with you and you buy somewehere else.
I don't know how you could sleep with that.
I really hope you'll have problem with your phantom and have to deal with the company sending it by mail and paying all the expensive shiiping cost....instead of buy local.

Michael
Passe-Temps Québec
450-983-6283 (magasin)
514-424-3786 (cellulaire)
www.PasseTempsQuebec.com
You sound surprised. :)
Basically you waste someone's time with your questions, and when you're done you go buy somewhere else, because like many others what you see is just the price... Then you have the nerve to tell him! How did you think he would take that? Congratulating you for your great sense of business? How much profit the guy makes on a phantom? probably not much, and the little charge he adds is for his service, competency and the priceless advantage to be local to you. Ok it's cheaper online but he's is right, when you will have a problem, you will be on your own. and not for a few days, but for weeks, maybe months. so where is the good deal then?

Agree.... Especially if the price difference was $100 or less which is likely the case since DJI has a pretty tight hand on price control. Everyone is complaining about the death of small shops and the lack of consumer service but we have to start with supporting local businesses. That dealer may not have responded in the most gracious way but he made the point....

tumblr_nozbavrxe51ro8ysbo1_500.gif
Did you try an IMU calibration?

How about, "Drone seller becomes upset after I wasted his time."
Perfect - thanks
And for the OP, I remind you of our community guidelines where you'll find this ..
Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties.
Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.

Perfect - thanks
And for the OP, I remind you of our community guidelines where you'll find this ..
Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties.
Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.
I would assume that applies to Trashing DJI also??

I run a shipping company - we get people lying about the size of items they ship - then when we tell them the new price they demand an immediate refund so they can go off and try it on with someone else instead!
I can understand the seller's frustration however could have been handled a little better.

Yes it does ... but sometimes it gets difficult telling what's discussion and what's trashing.
Yes, I have noticed, all be it-- these discussions usually transition to trashing and usually wind up being non productive in the end-- and at times can exceeds 200 posts and wind up on a completely different subject. o_O

Reactions: ScatSpeak
Maybe if this were not on the web page:

MEILLEUR PRIX GARANTI:
Trouvez un meilleur prix (internet compris) et obtenez 10% de crédit !!!

OK, maybe you are right, ask questions and try to find the best price is wasting time seller, he must be very busy sat waiting for customers to come. Not buying from local distributors and not pay them $300 difference it will completely ruin the economy.

Thank guys and thanks moderator for so kindly turn this into other thing.

I work in a Brick-n-mortar retail company and I admit this would chap my tail-feathers but I would hope I would have come back with a more professional response. We run into this from time to time and you just have to take it in stride and I try to "kill them with kindness". I can say this much... when (not If) they do have a problem and come back to us.... they more than make up for the price savings since I didn't get the initial sale.

Please keep in mind that the Brick-n-mortar companies are the ones you're going to WANT when you have a problem and need help. Yes you may have saved some $$ up front but when it's Saturday afternoon and you need a "duma-flotchy" so you can keep flying the rest of the weekend. You can jump online and order it from that online conglomerate but you're going to wait days or pay dearly for expedited shipping. Also when you want to just "bounce some ideas" with a dealer I doubt your online guru is going to stand around talking and shooting the sheet with you for an hour or so. When the Brick-n-mortar companies are all gone and your only option is to order from China you might regret that cost savings.

I bought my P3P from my local hobby store and they were priced just like dji web price and the guys were really nice...

I have bought all my accessories and batteries, plus case from them.
It's good when a place has good customer service skills.
I think the owner had the right to be frustrated but he could of been better on handling his frustration in his reply.

I don't think it was great telling him you found a better price else were.
Maybe you could of asked in a way that let them know you were looking at price.
Maybe like:
Hey Michael thank you for all your help, I have been doing more research and have noticed price differences on some models. I'd really like to buy from you, could you let me know about possible differences in prices or features?

He might of moved knowing you price shopped him. He might of knocked a few bucks off or offered you a discount on some accessories.

I don't really know and it's all in the past now just my two cents...

Last edited:
Reactions: kirk2579
I bought my P3P from my local hobby store and they were priced just like dji web price and the guys were really nice...

I have bought all my accessories and batteries, plus case from them.
It's good when a place has good customer service skills.
I think the owner had the right to be frustrated but he could of been better on handling his frustration in his reply.

I don't think it was great telling him you found a better price else were.
Maybe you could of asked in a way that let them know you were looking at price.
Maybe like:
Hey Michael thank you for all your help, I have been doing more research and have noticed price differences on some models. I'd really like to buy from you, could you let me know about possible differences in prices or features?

He might of moved knowing you price shopped him. He might of knocked a few bucks off or offered you a discount on some accessories.

I don't really know and it's all in the past now just my two cents...

I said that to him, and I mentioned the announcement on his website about finding a better price, and first of all, I do not speak to him in a respectful way. In some places it is called customer service.

if that was his response after helping answer a some questions for a possible sale, imagine how your'd get treated if you did buy from them & as said had a faulty one. I'm sure they don't get paid for the time they have to put in sending it back & having to deal with you yet again

I work in a Brick-n-mortar retail company and I admit this would chap my tail-feathers but I would hope I would have come back with a more professional response. We run into this from time to time and you just have to take it in stride and I try to "kill them with kindness". I can say this much... when (not If) they do have a problem and come back to us.... they more than make up for the price savings since I didn't get the initial sale.

Please keep in mind that the Brick-n-mortar companies are the ones you're going to WANT when you have a problem and need help. Yes you may have saved some $$ up front but when it's Saturday afternoon and you need a "duma-flotchy" so you can keep flying the rest of the weekend. You can jump online and order it from that online conglomerate but you're going to wait days or pay dearly for expedited shipping. Also when you want to just "bounce some ideas" with a dealer I doubt your online guru is going to stand around talking and shooting the sheet with you for an hour or so. When the Brick-n-mortar companies are all gone and your only option is to order from China you might regret that cost savings.

Thanks you for your reasonable comment. I do not even buy the drone, I'm not buying from DJI in China. I'm going to buy from a local dealer, I spent most of the week talking with him, he is actually a nice guy, he answered all my questions, yes, I have many questions about it, is a purchase whit a lot of money, I have every right to ask all the questions I consider necessary. By the way, that guy who "becomes upset" they do not have any kind of support if something happens to the drone, I have to deal directly with DJI in California.

Maybe if this were not on the web page:

MEILLEUR PRIX GARANTI:
Trouvez un meilleur prix (internet compris) et obtenez 10% de crédit !!!

OK, maybe you are right, ask questions and try to find the best price is wasting time seller, he must be very busy sat waiting for customers to come. Not buying from local distributors and not pay them $300 difference it will completely ruin the economy.

Thank guys and thanks moderator for so kindly turn this into other thing.

Translation: "BEST PRICE GUARANTEED: Find a better price (including internet) and get 10% credit !!!"

Why didn't you say this in the first place. It was beginning to sound like you were stiffing the local dealer over a small amount.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic