Drone safety vid gone wrong

Well, the news report was just plain wrong. There's no "law" against selling the footage that the pilot would obtain while flying anywhere. In fact, there's no "law" against using these commercially. The NTSB ruling made that clear, regardless of what a federal agency in full-on denial says or purports to be fact to a news media outlet who appears to be salivating to make a mountain out of a molehill.

OK, now that I've got it all out there the rant is over. :)

(Did I ever mention that sometimes I can have strong opinions about things? :D :lol: :mrgreen: )

Wow that's the first one I've actually seen drop like a rock! I've been reading enough about it occurring with others on this forum though! I won't be flying over people or water anytime soon without floats on. I wonder if he just did the latest firmware update.

I do think it's funny how the drone critic is all up in arms about the whole camera part. I mean, he's on a beach, in a public place and I'm sure just about everyone there had a smartphone with a camera on them, but he's worried about a super-wide angled action camera taking pictures of his hairy back from 100 feet? I would think one could be a lot more stealthy with a smartphone. Just goes to show the ignorance out there over what these flying cameras are capable of at this time.

Is it possible these "dropping from the sky" drones have had their rotors turned off inadvertently by the pilot?

depwraith said:
Is it possible these "dropping from the sky" drones have had their rotors turned off inadvertently by the pilot?

Most likely.

depwraith said:

No.... Mine fell out of the sky due to the battery shutting off while strafing right. Dji replaced drone and battery.

In the video it clearl shows the iOSD flashing a battery voltage warning as he's still talking "and if we just spin it around here" splash.

Obviously paying too much attention to the news crew and not his piloting.

Superfail

I wonder if he had his "Getterback" on it like I always do when I fly over water. Here is a shot of mine from a few weeks back in Long Becah, CA. Excuse the photo as my Blackberry camera settings were not set, lol.

34hjucg.jpg

davemcm said:
In the video it clearl shows the iOSD flashing a battery voltage warning as he's still talking "and if we just spin it around here" splash.

Obviously paying too much attention to the news crew and not his piloting.

Superfail

Agreed, his battery was flashing low as he was chatting, he probably lost focus while the battery ran out. Also looks like his Phantom was modified somewhat so it could also be a malfunction related to poor workmanship in his mods. It's anyone's guess really what happened without more info. But I'm thinking it was most likely the battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4