Drone returned from DJI with broken Gimbal

Reaction score
Hi, I've posted over on the DJI forum but haven't had any luck so apologise for the repeat post.

I recently received my phantom 3 back after a repair as the distance i was getting to before loosing connection was awful.

Anyway i received it yesterday and started it up and the gimbal now responds erratically, brushing the floor even though its on a flat surface and a gimbal overload error occurs. Then the camera just hangers there loosely and im unable to control it.

Is there an easy fix to this? I've checked the grub screw and that is tight. Just don't want to send it back to dji again as am off to center parcs on Monday and was hoping to get some good shots there. Thanks

Michael
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What do you mean by making sure the cables are fully seated? Nothing looks out of place and camera, wires etc look secure.

Thanks

Michael

The video looks like it hits the floor, if it doesn't, then do a IMU calibration and a Gimbal calibration, Let us know.
Rod

The video looks like it hits the floor, if it doesn't, then do a IMU calibration and a Gimbal calibration, Let us know.
Rod

No you are right it does scrap the floor. I tried a gimbal calibration anyway and of doesn't work. Unsure what to do now.

That sucks, I guess I would still do a IMU if you can, then a Gimbal, maybe replace the dampeners, it shouldn't be touching the floor.
Try a chat with DJI support, never done it, but some have said it solved there problem.

I will send a call for help!

Rod

Have you like set the skids on some books to elevate it and tried to calibrate it so it don't touch anything ?

Reactions: RodPad
I'm curious. When you sent it in did you secure with the gimbal clamp? Was it returned with one?

Hi,
I've tried it elevated on books however the result is the same. It just shakes erratically like before.

I secured it with the gimbal clamp when posting and it was returned with the clamp in place to

Have you like set the skids on some books to elevate it and tried to calibrate it so it don't touch anything ?
Thanks Dirk, the best I could come up with maybe the dampeners were loose, stretched, etc.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi,
I've tried it elevated on books however the result is the same. It just shakes erratically like before.

I secured it with the gimbal clamp when posting and it was returned with the clamp in place to
Sucks when you buy one of these things and its defective and you send it for repair, then you get it back broken!
If think we should buy two from the start.
One in the air, One in repair!

Mechanically there is no way the camera should touch the floor?
So if It does just by moving by hand, meaning you don't even have to power it on, its broke!

Mechanically there is no way the camera should touch the floor?
So if It does just by moving by hand, meaning you don't even have to power it on, its broke!
I would think so Rod but have never tried to move mine around to see . Scared I'll break it :)

I would think so Rod but have never tried to move mine around to see . Scared I'll break it :)
Its really limp, you don't have to use both hands, have you not inserted your SD card without support?

Its really limp, you don't have to use both hands, have you not inserted your SD card without support?
I never take it out . I get all my stuff off from the USB cable to my PC .
I know it's hangs down when powered off and should not touch nothing .

I checked mine and the camera has 1/8th inch clearance minimum in all positions possible w/power off.

Hi, I've posted over on the DJI forum but haven't had any luck so apologise for the repeat post.

I recently received my phantom 3 back after a repair as the distance i was getting to before loosing connection was awful.

Anyway i received it yesterday and started it up and the gimbal now responds erratically, brushing the floor even though its on a flat surface and a gimbal overload error occurs. Then the camera just hangers there loosely and im unable to control it.

Is there an easy fix to this? I've checked the grub screw and that is tight. Just don't want to send it back to dji again as am off to center parcs on Monday and was hoping to get some good shots there. Thanks

Michael
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Why does your gimbal remind me of this?
giphy.gif

I checked mine and the camera has 1/8th inch clearance minimum in all positions possible w/power off.
Cool, thanks we got a reference!

Your, getting uglier.:eek:
Rod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31