Drone protection plan; Good idea, or bad idea?

I got a phantom 4 service contract from this website: Neary Aerial - Drone and UAV Extended Warranty
Do you think it is worth it? I would definitely suggest it to anyone who is not 100% sure of their flying capabilities, or anyone who is willing to put in a bit more money into their quad.
I got coverage for my P3S. Didn't want to deal with DJI. Like it for the accident/crash (i.e. Pilot error) coverage. The Gold coverage was only $199 for TWO years. Shakes out to .27 cents a day. I can do a lot of flying in two years. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm definitely considering buying this. I was thinking about getting insurance through the same company I have home and auto insurance, but I think at this price and being specifically for drone repair/replacement, it's a no-brainer. Thanks for the post!

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I'm definitely considering buying this. I was thinking about getting insurance through the same company I have home and auto insurance, but I think at this price and being specifically for drone repair/replacement, it's a no-brainer. Thanks for the post!
I have talked with the owner, he is very helpful. There is no deductible, and you can upgrade from a one-year contract to a two-year contract. He will even pay for shipping if it breaks! I would definitely recommend it. I read over the contract that I had to sign and you can choose whether he replaces or repairs it if you send it in. It covers everything from pilot error to electronic malfunctions. If you get the $70 controller and battery coverage it covers antenna mods too :) He will repair or replace it as many times as you want until the price of 2x the original price of the quad has been reached.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I have talked with the owner, he is very helpful. There is no deductible, and you can upgrade from a one-year contract to a two-year contract. He will even pay for shipping if it breaks! I would definitely recommend it. I read over the contract that I had to sign and you can choose whether he replaces or repairs it if you send it in. It covers everything from pilot error to electronic malfunctions. If you get the $70 controller and battery coverage it covers antenna mods too :) He will repair or replace it as many times as you want until the price of 2x the original price of the quad has been reached.
Yeah, I couldn't pass it up. I'm still a noob with my P3S and am still learning. And yep, Matt is a great guy.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers