Drone programmability?

Reaction score
Hi

And after a lot of unsuccessful google searches, i have resorted to a forum post. I hope you can help me:)

I have recently played around with the parrot AR2, particularly with its ability to accept custom programming through an API.
I was wondering if something similar is possible with the Phantom Vision? I have been totally unable to find info on the subject. Does anyone know if it is possible to program the Vision to function autonomously in a similar fasion?

Martin,
Back in December DJI released info indicating that a "waypoint" feature would soon be available for the Vision, presumably giving us some autonomous functionality. We haven't seen this yet, but there are rumblings that it is getting closer. Search the forum and you'll find more discussion on this topic.
Alternatively, the Phantom 2 (non-Vision model) works with the DJI Groundstation via iPad for programmable autonomous flying.

Good Luck! ;)

Here's the original press release:

http://www.dji.com/info/news/phantom-2- ... pabilities

It has a mock-up of the sort of thing we can expect using our app. The DJI Facebook page recently stated that the update to allow P2 (non Vision) to use the standalone DJI ground station hardware would be coming out in a week or so, and that the Vision waypoint flying system would be out "soon after this"...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4