Drone Pilot Marketplace

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I have an idea for a project and am hoping to gather feedback from the PhantomPilots community.

I'm relatively new to this hobby and just learning the ins and outs. I've spent a good amount of time on this forum browsing through threads, and I see a lot of people pursuing Part 107 and looking for ways to either become professional aerial photographers or to monetize their hobby.

I know that there are websites out there that allow drone pilots to get paid for conducting 'missions', however they seem to do a great job of keeping the pilots at arms length from the actual customer.

What do you guys think of a website that is an open market for drone pilots to find aerial photography gigs?

A high level idea is that drone pilots / photographers would sign up and create a custom profile to showcase their skills/work/experience. Potential customers in turn be able to post aerial photography jobs. These customers would also post how much they are willing to spend. The end result is to match a mission with the right pilot based on experience level, location, and availability.

Thoughts? Do you think this is something you'd be interested in?

Last edited:
Reactions: Raymond-GA
Well, I just googled 'drone marketplace' and came up with a handful. Looks like the first two are droners.io and skytango.com.

Has anybody tried these out?

I've gotten work off droners.io

There's also Air-Vid, dronetrades, dronelacer, hireuav, and probably more I haven't seen yet.

...or to monetize their hobby....

Just take note that the above comment is a big No-Go if in the US with the FAA. If you monetize (other than youtube monetization) then you're back to being a Civil UAS Operation which requires Part 107 in the USA.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj