Drone & Model Aircraft Insurance

Reaction score
I had a family relative tell me about the AMA organization and the great membership insurance you receive when you become a member....this is something that has been on my mind every sense I started flying my Phantom Vision 2+....you know its nothing more than a smart computer and as we all know computers fail now or later its just the nature of the beast !! For a standard membership of $58.00 a year you receive their Magazine, $2.5 Million Liability Umbrella, $25,000 Medical Coverage and $1000.00 Fire and Theft Coverage.....all I know is im signing up !! Again I feel this is something that the up coming ruling are going to make us have anyway on down the road.....just thought I would pass it on to our Drone Family !! lol
http://www.modelaircraft.org/membership ... tions.aspx

I'm curious about what others have to say.

I've been under the impression that there are too many disclaimers and it does not really provide coverage for the way most folks use them.

I was a member of AMA years ago and just re-joined because of my Phantom 2. However, the AMA insurance is only good if you are flying in a "AMA sponsored event" I think is the way it was described. Not to say that hasn't changed over the years, but I bet it hasn't. You aren't going to get that kind of coverage for just flying around your neighborhood.
Read the fine print. But, joining AMA isn't a bad idea anyway.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie