Drone left in cold truck

Reaction score
Good Morning!

I have a question and I hope someone can help. My boss has a Phantom 4 pro, he left it in it’s styrofoam box in his truck last night in temperatures in the teens. When he realized it was out there, he went and got it and now the controller will not take a charge or stay on for any length of time. Any help is appreciated!

Good Morning!

I have a question and I hope someone can help. My boss has a Phantom 4 pro, he left it in it’s styrofoam box in his truck last night in temperatures in the teens. When he realized it was out there, he went and got it and now the controller will not take a charge or stay on for any length of time. Any help is appreciated!
If it was really cold when taken out of its box into warm air it could have got some condensation on the RC board. He would have been wiser to leave it in the box unopened for a few hours to let it slowly warm up. Hopefully there's no permanent damage.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
If it was really cold when taken out of its box into warm air it could have got some condensation on the RC board. He would have been wiser to leave it in the box unopened for a few hours to let it slowly warm up. Hopefully there's no permanent damage.

You're right. That's a better idea.

I leave mine in the truck all the time. Temp in the teens. I set my batteries on the dash with the defroster on. Turn on mt controller & Ipad. Set up my outside antenna and fly!

Your Mate can relax. He has probably worked out by now all comes good when the packs warm up. The battery can’t charge bellow a certain temperature. I don’t know what the temp is set at for the remote but no LiION chemistry can be safely charged below 0 deg C, I think that’s around 32 in your numbers so no surprise it wouldn’t start charging.

Reactions: artfuldodger
If the guy plugged in charger while batts still frozen ... its debatable what damage he may have done.

As other posts indicate ... batts below 0C are not to be connected up to charge ... they must be brought back to reasonable temp first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues