Drone Insurance

Reaction score
Hello,
I am using a Phantom 3. I use my drone for real estate sales mostly. I do not have a FAA exemption, i am waiting for the commercial FAA guidelines to drop. I inquired about liability insurance from Hill & Usher. They quoted me :
Bodily Injury - Each Person: $500,000.00
Bodily Injury - Each Occurrence: $500,000.00
Property Damage - Each Occurrence: $500,000.00

Hull Damage / Physical Damage to Equipment: No Coverage
(Hull Coverage available provided your operations meet underwriting guidelines).

Total Estimated Annual Investment: $640.00

Is this inline with what other commercial drone pilots are paying. What are others paying?

Hello,
I am using a Phantom 3. I use my drone for real estate sales mostly. I do not have a FAA exemption, i am waiting for the commercial FAA guidelines to drop. I inquired about liability insurance from Hill & Usher. They quoted me :
Bodily Injury - Each Person: $500,000.00
Bodily Injury - Each Occurrence: $500,000.00
Property Damage - Each Occurrence: $500,000.00

Hull Damage / Physical Damage to Equipment: No Coverage
(Hull Coverage available provided your operations meet underwriting guidelines).

Total Estimated Annual Investment: $640.00

Is this inline with what other commercial drone pilots are paying. What are others paying?

That is likely not enough insurance for commercial operations. $1MM is typical. If you are flying for commercial purpose, add an umbrella to your business policy that covers UAS use, should be lots cheaper and provides additional coverage for other stuff. If you are doing it as a hobbist/business without a corporation/LLC business, you risk all the other stuff you own.

That is likely not enough insurance for commercial operations. $1MM is typical. If you are flying for commercial purpose, add an umbrella to your business policy that covers UAS use, should be lots cheaper and provides additional coverage for other stuff. If you are doing it as a hobbist/business without a corporation/LLC business, you risk all the other stuff you own.

Thank you for your input. Yes i agree about the LLC. I will look into the umbrella policy as you have suggested.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31