Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Drone insurance for Drone and Liability

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nickster, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Nickster

I am getting ready to take the Part 107 test on the 29th. I have gotten popups on Facebook and other social media with companies offering these. My question is has anyone gotten these yet? If so, where from (I know there was a thread for State Farm for just the drone)? And finally, how much?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

seeking likes this.
  2. Richard R

Liability is IMO an absolute necessity! For hobby flying, I am an AMA member and covered by there group policy. I'll be looking for more comprehensive coverage after I pass my test next week. There is on company that has been on several threads here offering coverage by the hour and Neary offers pretty much full loss/damage coverage for about $120 per year (based on a two year policy). I plan to show their ads to my State Farm agent to see how closely he might be able to match.

seeking likes this.
  3. Flipsonic

I inquired about drone insurance from my State Farm agent. He said they do not cover it for hobby flying. But they do if you have a business license. It's around $500/year. Pricy compared to what I've seen from this forum. Not sure if this differs between each State Farm agents.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

seeking likes this.
  4. Karma

I insured my P4 and all accessories for $60/Yr. through State Farm. However, they said several times it would only cover hobby use and they don't offer liability. I need to shop around for liability and commercial drone coverage as well.

5. Flipsonic

I guess not all State Farm agents are the same. I would've insured mine for $60/year if my agent offered it. I guess I need to look for another agent.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots