Drone Insurance by the hour?

Reaction score
Just got a email. Not sure if a scam or not but it sounds interesting. Has anybody else heard of this or tried it out?

You purchase drone insurance by the hour. $10/hr
Seems to good to be true.
The company is Airstoc

HdPDr6C.jpg

It's not a scam. Verifly is a vendor in this forum. Check out this thread for more details about @Jay Bregman's service.

Verifly and Airstoc are partners. The policies delivered by Verifly are underwritten by Global Aerospace. We were recently covered by Bloomberg.

Try it out and see for yourself! Happy to answer any other questions about the service.

Jay

Any idea when you'll be available in Illinois?
Please let me know.
Thx!

I have searched the industry over and I have not found a drone insurance policy that wasn't priced like I was flying a full scale plane. Jason at RemotePilot101 gave a short presentation on Verifly in his Part 107 online class. I thought it sounded a little hockey. Who has ever heard of insurance by the hour? Not sure whether to think PT Barnum or Einstein :confused:

So I Googled, and look where I ended up! The links above to Global Aerospace and Bloomberg lend a lot more credence, in my mind

Thinking through my normal work flow and my next gig.

I have 4 batteries, and rarely do I fly more than that on any gig, so theoretically that's an hour. But I usually fly 2 or 3 batts. Stop to spot check a few vids and pics to see if any retakes are needed, and fly again. So that is more than an hour.

I have a recurring gig on a property that is 1/2 mile long. I launch close, but not exactly in the middle. So one end may be just beyond 1/4 mile.

@Jay Bregman, I saw in one of the videos above some adjustability will be coming. Is it here? If not eta?

I have 4 batteries, and rarely do I fly more than that on any gig, so theoretically that's an hour. But I usually fly 2 or 3 batts. Stop to spot check a few vids and pics to see if any retakes are needed, and fly again. So that is more than an hour.

I have a recurring gig on a property that is 1/2 mile long. I launch close, but not exactly in the middle. So one end may be just beyond 1/4 mile.

@Jay Bregman, I saw in one of the videos above some adjustability will be coming. Is it here? If not eta?

Hi

We are rolling out the following new features:
- Option to increase the coverage area from 1/4 mile to 1/2 mile
- 4-hour and 8-hour policies

In addition, on the coverage area, you do not have to launch from the center. The app defaults to your location and draws the circle around you, but you can adjust the coverage circle before you take off if for example you plan to mostly fly in one particular direction.

I hope this helps...Happy flying.

Reactions: FunN4lo
Hi

We are rolling out the following new features:
- Option to increase the coverage area from 1/4 mile to 1/2 mile
- 4-hour and 8-hour policies

In addition, on the coverage area, you do not have to launch from the center. The app defaults to your location and draws the circle around you, but you can adjust the coverage circle before you take off if for example you plan to mostly fly in one particular direction.

I hope this helps...Happy flying.

Hi

Just wondering if you have any plans to offer your service outside the US, like Australia perhaps?
Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic