Drone in hand luggage flying with Thomas Cook?

Reaction score
It's a long shot...

Has anyone flown with a drone ?

I'm flying with Thomas Cook next Wednesday to Corfu, Greece

Has anyone had any issues flying to Europe, even if it wasn't Thomas cook id like to hear your feedback if any.

I've already checked Laws at destination but wondered if there would be any security problems.

I'm Gunna try and take it along side my hand luggage as an extra bag.

I've flown to many locations in the world and hand luggage has never been weighed and I've never been questioned as long is passes security scanner.

I have a 6kg limit of which my main luggage (not holdal) will almost max out...

The Drone will be in a drone back pack on my back as I wheel my other luggage onto the plane.

Thoughts??

It's a long shot...
Has anyone flown with a drone ?
Thousands of people have.
The airport security people won't even blink when they see the distinctive shape of the Phantom on their X-ray scanner.
They see them every day.
I'm flying with Thomas Cook next Wednesday to Corfu, Greece
It would be a good idea to check what the airline says on their website.
Start here: Items not permitted in baggage
Here's what they say about Lithium Batteries (which is the important part): Hazardous goods

In summary no-one will care about your drone.
You must have the batteries in your carry-on luggage.

Meta4's right, check what your airlines allows, that's essential. Most US airlines only allow one carry-on bag, which is my drone in a backpack, since it MUST be carried on by FAA regulation because there are LiPo batteries inside. Beyond that I can carry on a personal item, which is a smaller bag that must fit under the seat if need be, it cannot be another bag that only fits in the overhead. I usually check my luggage with clothes when I travel with my drone. Although I dread checking my luggage bag, there's little choice unless I take a Mavic, which fits in a bag small enough be considered a "personal item", and that fits under the seat. In that case I can wheel on my small luggage bag with clothes that fits into the overhead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeff48
Thanks for the info guys.. It was getting 2x hand luggage on the plain as my main concern, I'd rather not take it if it means checking luggage in.. maybe I'll try I and squeeze it into my hand luggage case, I few less clothes won't go a miss I'm sure [emoji23]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers