Drone Hunting Permit

Reaction score
I think it speaks for itself. There are a limited number of permits issued for each area in the Hunting Zones.

Attachments

• 20140823_082736.jpeg
    20140823_082736.jpeg
    37 KB · Views: 522
I guess not all burners appreciate them. BM attracts a decent percentage of the tin foil hat set. I've only ever seen a few drones in the BRC but this year may be a tipping point. Anecdotally, Burning Man has pretty well established rules for drone use, unlike the FAA. They also don't permit weapons of any sort. So most likely the only hunting of drones will be done via hallucinogens!

... or hand-thrown rocks.

Though, if caught flying, it's not like on the "outside"... you'll be thrown out on your ear.

Hey guys, its all in fun. I don't think you can find a rock on the ground to throw at a "Drone" since it is all Playa. The people that go to Burning Man and make up the 7th Largest City in the State of Nevada love new tech stuff, I mean this isn't the Rainbow Festival. Now Black Rock City is amazing, (it only exists for one week, but they got a post office with the neatest post mark, I will post a picture when I can find one. One year, as my gift to people, I would take their picture and then print it on a post card that we had put stamps on for them to either mail to someone or to mail to themselves were they would have this post card to put on their referigerator and think about going to the burn the next year.

I kinda went off subject, but the DRONE HUNTING PERMIT is meant to be funny. The folks that made the permit probably have drones and that is why they made the cards..

Since Burning Man is all about the art, photography is a very large part of the event and encouraged and assisted at every point

ProfessorStein said:
... or hand-thrown rocks.

Though, if caught flying, it's not like on the "outside"... you'll be thrown out on your ear.

Actually you really got to f**kup to get kicked out of Burning Man, even people who are arrested can comeback, mostly violent or stealing will get you booted in the past. I think they say they will confiscate your drone if you fly without a permit and you and get it back after the burn. People that go to Burning Man in general have some difficulty following rules that they might disagree with and I expect to hear both negative and positive reports from there this year. Although I am unable to attend this year I plan on going next year if my health improves

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic