Drone helps wheelchair bound man to explore

That's what I use my Phantom for, when the weather here allows it. I do have to have someone to do the compass dance and stuff like that, but it certainly improves my very dull life in a wheelchair! Roll on summer!! :)

Awesome!

Great to hear.

I am a paraplegic and I use my phantom for the same reason. I am used to be able to go out and ride 4 wheelers and be out in the woods, but now I get to fly over the woods instead. Would still rather be on my 4 wheeler though. Oh well such as life.

Reactions: Electric Warrior
Bear501 said:
I am a paraplegic and I use my phantom for the same reason. I am used to be able to go out and ride 4 wheelers and be out in the woods, but now I get to fly over the woods instead. Would still rather be on my 4 wheeler though. Oh well such as life.
True. But you are still here right? Don't ever stop exploring,even if its from your wheelchair...I give you props and want to see your videos!

This is a great use of drones. Good on those who thought of this!

Reactions: Electric Warrior
WOW. great music selection and nice smooth camera work. I see you kept get the panning to a minimum. Where is this? Gotta. To love these drones. It allows everyone to explore and be creative and show the world their neighborhood. You have a great eye. Keep shooting and exploring. You are only limited by your mind (and flight time). Hehe

Prylar Bek said:
WOW. great music selection and nice smooth camera work. I see you kept get the panning to a minimum. Where is this? Gotta. To love these drones. It allows everyone to explore and be creative and show the world their neighborhood. You have a great eye. Keep shooting and exploring. You are only limited by your mind (and flight time). Hehe

This is in Arkansas, and this was shot while on about a 5 mile round trip GS flight from my house to the small lake and back.

I was in your state a few years back shooting a film for SWN down in LR area. Wish I had a drone to shoot those wells!

Looking the original article in this thread and reading the comments in that article make me smile but also sad at the same time. They just descend in to usual to and fro of insulting one another and talking about blasting craft out of the sky. It seems whenever an article is posted about something of interest it brings out the mouth breathers for a slanging match.

Looking the original article in this thread and reading the comments in that article make me smile but also sad at the same time. They just descend in to usual to and fro of insulting one another and talking about blasting craft out of the sky. It seems whenever an article is posted about something of interest it brings out the mouth breathers for a slanging match.

I would suggest you start a conversation with one, or all 4 of, the moderators here. I'll bet my new P1 you will see them show up and put a halt to the BS which sidetracks threads which could be much more productive and rewarding.

My glass is always, at least, half full. :D

So, just out of curiosity, why can't you perform the compass dance? Is there too much interference from your mobility device? I've been wondering about compass shielding recently, that's why I ask.

Hi IlyinWY, I was refering to the comments made in the linked article and not any in this forum thread. The great majority of people here are friendly and polite (mostly ;) ) Yes, my wheelchair is electric, and with all the metal, the chance of interference is greater. I've not experienced any problem myself, but would rather not take any chances. I usually place everything on a small plastic picnic table in front of me so that I can reach for everything else, but just get a helper to do the compass dance for me.

Before I became disabled, I was very active. Exploring, hill walking, and generally getting out and about in the countryside. With the restrictions I have now, using a quadcopter at least allows me to get to see a bit further than I can reach, and also just enjoy the thrill of flying, so it's perfect hobby for me at least.

Reactions: IflyinWY
Thank you. I have really only put one video together so far. Just a simple one I threw together.

Amazing video, but you give me a heart attack with how closely you shave the tops of some of those trees. For a GS flight, you've either got those heights premeasured to the nth degree, or you're very lucky.

Amazing video, but you give me a heart attack with how closely you shave the tops of some of those trees. For a GS flight, you've either got those heights premeasured to the nth degree, or you're very lucky.
I do map out my GS missions on Google earth and get all the elevations, but yeah there was a little luck as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20