Drone Footage Limits

Reaction score
Greetings All, This is my first post here as im after a little advice from the more senior members. Ive owned a P3 Advanced for a few weeks now and i love it, I put together a little video for my village and i received a message from a guy saying i should remove it as he did the same and the police came and fined him and took all his gear, iPad, PC's, Drones Etc.

I was wondering if you guys could check my video just to see if im in the clear.

I appreciate your help sincerely,

regards,

Ben

Reactions: srosen
You are not in the clear! As you're in the UK, you're contravening CAA regulations by flying over built up areas....you shouldn't fly within 50 metres of any building or structure.

See this page for basic rules The Dronecode | UK Civil Aviation Authority.

It's unlikely, but you could get someone knocking on your door!

Last edited:
Thanks rockydog, what would they say if they came to my door? would it just be a simple "take the video down"
You are not in the clear! As you're in the UK, you're contravening CAA regulations by flying over built up areas....you should't fly within 50 metres of any building or structure.

See this page for basic rules The Dronecode | UK Civil Aviation Authority.

It's unlikely, but you could get someone knocking on your door!

As I said above, it's unlikely that anyone is going to come looking for you...but in a worst case scenario, you could be taken to court and face a hefty fine.

I don't want to sound "holier than thou", but there's a big problem with people buying drones and not bothering to check -(or choosing to ignore)- the regulations. It has a bad knock on effect for those who fly responsibly, and can only lead to more restrictive rules being put in place.

As I said above, it's unlikely that anyone is going to come looking for you...but in a worst case scenario, you could be taken to court and face a hefty fine.

I don't want to sound "holier than thou", but there's a big problem with people buying drones and not bothering to check -(or choosing to ignore)- the regulations. It has a bad knock on effect for those who fly responsibly, and can only lead to more restrictive rules being put in place.
I understand and appreciate your advice.

I agree your footage will raise eyebrows of many.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

so for safe measures i should take the footage down and recreate something within the guidelines?

That's probably the safest thing to do.

Keep in mind others in your area who are jealous of your editing and/or flying skills are likely to make the call to the authorities to start the whole "investigation" process.

Ignoring the regulation does not make one less responsible when flying. Frankly there are too many burdensome regulations, especially in some countries.

Not being able to fly within 50 meters of a building or structure is a ridiculous regulation.

Ignoring the regulation does not make one less responsible when flying. Frankly there are too many burdensome regulations, especially in some countries.

Not being able to fly within 50 meters of a building or structure is a ridiculous regulation.
That's a bit like saying ignoring the speed limit doesn't make you less responsible when driving a car........

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4