Drone filming and photos for wedding

Reaction score
Hello, I recently was offered a chance to film and take pictures with a drone. They are happy about the results and are now giving me the chance to start working for them part time individually. They asked to sent my price. So now I'm wondering if someone has had experience in this and what price should I ask, I don't want it to be to low but also not to high so they would get scared off. . . any suggestions?

Hello, I recently was offered a chance to film and take pictures with a drone. They are happy about the results and are now giving me the chance to start working for them part time individually. They asked to sent my price. So now I'm wondering if someone has had experience in this and what price should I ask, I don't want it to be to low but also not to high so they would get scared off. . . any suggestions?
It's impossible to give a simple answer.
It's going to depend on exactly what the job involves and how hard it is.

It should be similiar to other businesses. You work out your costs, add what you think your labor is worth, add what you need for profit ( for business reinvestment etc.) and that is what your price is. If it's too high and you can't reduce your profit margin enough to make it affordable for your market then it's a charity not a business. If it's too low then adjust your margin for your next job.

It's hard to price someone elses work. KongWerks gave some solid advice just above me. Take some time to figure out what your Cost Of Doing Business is and then add how much you need to make per hour. From there you should be able to come up with a fairly accurate figure. Note that as time goes on your rates will change as you figure out the game.

It should be similiar to other businesses. You work out your costs, add what you think your labor is worth, add what you need for profit ( for business reinvestment etc.) and that is what your price is. If it's too high and you can't reduce your profit margin enough to make it affordable for your market then it's a charity not a business. If it's too low then adjust your margin for your next job.

I did the first wedding for free, they baisicly just want to film the important stuff ... couple coming outside of the church, driving away and so on ... and at the end edit it with a song of their choice. but I'll think I can manage something thanks for the advice

this is just a little example of a droneshot that will be part of the clip. They have a gopro Karma, but I convinced them to go for the phantom4adv or pro

It's hard to price someone elses work. KongWerks gave some solid advice just above me. Take some time to figure out what your Cost Of Doing Business is and then add how much you need to make per hour. From there you should be able to come up with a fairly accurate figure. Note that as time goes on your rates will change as you figure out the game.

I just wanted some advice since I never did drone flying for a business it just started as a hobby ... but who knows time will tell I guess

No one in here mentioned this but do you have your 107 certification? If you are going to make money with your drone, you need 107 certification. If you are not in the US, in Europe they have similar laws but you will need to be certified in order for you to do business with your videos.

Reactions: RemarK
No one in here mentioned this but do you have your 107 certification? If you are going to make money with your drone, you need 107 certification. If you are not in the US, in Europe they have similar laws but you will need to be certified in order for you to do business with your videos.

The OP is located and operating in Belgium so Part 107 doesn't apply here.

Reactions: DroneDisaster
In Europe they have similar law as well, he needs to be certified in order to do business with his drone.

Yes we have laws over here too but most are what are you allowed to do and what you can't do and or fly ... , but yes you would need a license but there are backdoors for those that haven't earned their licenses yet, but yeah the meaning would be to get licensed if the work is guaranteed. also not all countries have laws for this kind of work, most have laws that forbid you from flying in some places, also with permission of the land owner you don't need a license to fly in almost any EU country since you would be flying over private land with the owners permission! most eu countries allow this to go from 300ft to 450 ft with owners permission, higher than that you would need a license and ask permission to the countries airspace ... and so on

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj